Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Backlogged waiver form march 2010 approved!

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,020 Times in 1,765 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 7 Hrs 34 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    25 Mins 34 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetzsour View Post
    ^^ good luck elvalletx - hopefully they get to yours soon too!!!

LOL i have a solution - let's just approve them ALL tomorrow!!! heh.... and then you'd see a pig fly by the window............. wishful thinking

Wouldn't that just solve everyone's problems and would end all the discussions & complaints. From your mouth to God's ears!!!

Valedictorian
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsAdmin
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Days 23 Hrs 51 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 22 Secs
    I think there will alwyas be a few cases left behind due to the case itself and being harder to adjudicate (needing more background info, prints, docs, etc..) but for them to seem to skip several months is way out of order...it makes it alot tougher to pinpoint a good time to send in additional evidence...

if you feel ike you have been completely left behind, then ask your congressman to do an inquiry for you.....when I saw that LA was slowing down significantly, and cases from October and November were being approved, I admit that I called my congresswoman and said "this is not fair, my husband has been gone over 21 months, backlogged over 10 months, and I'm still waiting while those that haven't waited as long are getting approved"........1 week later I found out my approval and I already have my visa pick-up date......I don't know if any of it had to do with my congresswoman...it could have been pure coincidence......but you always try to do the most and the best you can when you are fighting for your family...

on the other hand, it is wonderful news that they are speeding up this process and families are being reuinted quicker
    My timeline http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showth...458#post394458

BACKLOGGED 8/18/2009 TRANSFERRED to LA 5/20/2010 APPROVED 6/28/2010 VISA PICK-UP 8/13/2010 HOME 8/17/2009

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkchica For This Useful Post:

anasmom (07-25-2010),bvallejo (07-24-2010),LAYOYA (07-25-2010)

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Recommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 3,230 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    2 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 48 Mins
    Avg. Time Online
    42 Mins 9 Secs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I'm willing to believe that a lot of the waiver processing at CDJ is done without being entirely "fair" to everyone. If justice were a top priority at CDJ, well....never mind, I'm not going down that path since I'm clearly biased.

Anyway, I think efficiency and speed are at the top of the priority list, and rightfully so at the busiest US consulate in the world. Whenever a newer, more efficient system is established, it's usually the most recent waiver submissions that benefit first. When they debuted the "same-day approval" Pilot Program in 2007, all those who had submitted waivers and were pending before the new program were forced to watch tons of new applicants show up and get same-day approval. These recent, faster approvals seem to indicate a different way of dealing with the waivers, but unfortunately that new way probably went into place only for the most recently-submitted waivers. Meanwhile they're trying to kick it into gear to clear through the backlog of older waivers, but unfortunately, what we saw for a lot of 2008's leftover backlogs was that they sort of got shipped off to whoever could handle them (Mexico City, for example) and the adjudication they received was truly horrifying. I trust nothing as awful is going to happen this time, but there is a good chance that we'll see processing times speed up a LOT for newer waivers while the old ones languish under the weight of the program.

To me, the whole immigration system has a lot of brain but no heart. It's a cold, calculating machine, and our cases get treated accordingly. I don't want to be pessimistic, but my interactions with Immigration don't give me much else to go on...
    Please post your immigration questions on the forum, not in a private message. Always consult an experienced lawyer before filing.
    *If you believe you or someone on your behalf checked the "US Citizen" box on an employment document, please do not send a private message. Talk to a trusted lawyer about what could happen. *
    Getting StartedGetting Legal Status for Your Loved OneWaiver Eligibility
    Recommended Lawyers Visa BulletinHelp from Elected OfficialsTranslations

Consular ProcessKnow before filingSpouse/Fiance Petition Petition Processing TimesNVC Stage Medical/InterviewI-601 WaiverAfter Approval
    Other Routes Adjustment of Status in the US Direct Consular Filing

Living Outside the USLife in MexicoMoving to Canada Moving to Other Countries

Officially banned for life w/no waiver (6cii)- but we don't give up! Read our story
    Lawyers I've worked with and highly recommend: Laurel Scott Laura Fernandez Lizz Cannon

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Los G For This Useful Post:

ab&abforever (07-26-2010),anasmom (07-25-2010),bvallejo (07-25-2010),KellyKS (07-25-2010),Lachulagreeneyes (07-26-2010),mady (07-25-2010),sweetzsour (07-25-2010)

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 990 Posts
    Time Online
    3 Wks 3 Days 5 Hrs 37 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    13 Mins 40 Secs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Los G View Post
    Anyway, I think efficiency and speed are at the top of the priority list, and rightfully so at the busiest US consulate in the world. Whenever a newer, more efficient system is established, it's usually the most recent waiver submissions that benefit first. When they debuted the "same-day approval" Pilot Program in 2007, all those who had submitted waivers and were pending before the new program were forced to watch tons of new applicants show up and get same-day approval. These recent, faster approvals seem to indicate a different way of dealing with the waivers, but unfortunately that new way probably went into place only for the most recently-submitted waivers. Meanwhile they're trying to kick it into gear to clear through the backlog of older waivers, but unfortunately, what we saw for a lot of 2008's leftover backlogs was that they sort of got shipped off to whoever could handle them (Mexico City, for example) and the adjudication they received was truly horrifying. I trust nothing as awful is going to happen this time, but there is a good chance that we'll see processing times speed up a LOT for newer waivers while the old ones languish under the weight of the program. ..
    Thanks Los G.... That makes complete sense!!! Maybe there wasn't a lot "published" on whatever new system may be going on (as they did for the "pilot program" when that first started) - but that makes a lot better sense of what is happening.... we'll never know what's exactly right unless something is "published" on a "new system".... but that does explain things a bit better... Not that i feel any better about waiting - but to think that's a possible explanation AND it makes sense LOL.... puts (me at least) a little bit more at ease....
    Our Timeline CDC Referral Process & Alcohol Abuse Dx NEW Regs (Drug ban/Health waiver)
    DUI/Criminal Issues Timelines/Approvals DUI/Criminal Issues Alcohol/Drug Inadmissibilities Overview

April 1, 2008~Sent I-130 November 20, 2008~I-130 approved October 8, 2009~Received Visa Interview letter November 1, 2009~Hubby left for Mexico November 9, 2009~Visa Interview January 19, 2010~First Waiver Appt-AUTO BACKLOG (2 DWIs/Health waiver) April 12, 2010~Received initial CDC packet April 28, 2010~Received CDC "approval"
    October 19, 2010~Consulate called-ALL evidence is missing! Recopied my 9lb file LOL & UPS'd it to CDJ!
    October 27, 2010~(expedite) APPROVED ....and without the assistance of a lawyer for the I-601

I am not a lawyer. Please don't mistake my opinion for legal advice

Gloriosi
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    6 Days 20 Hrs 21 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 51 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by elvalletx View Post
    hello. this order they are using is not fair at all. i am stuck in this border town which is hell, with all the violence that is going on. i wish for my husband to come back so we can move up north away from all this violence...he was backlogged dec 17,2009.
    I hope you hear something soon!
    ----------------------
    2/22/2010 Waiver appointment (Mexico): Backlogged
    6/18/2010 Case transferred to Anaheim, CA
    8/20/2010 Approved
    10/21/2010 Open appointment

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredCreated Blog entryNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    2 Days 7 Hrs 48 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 19 Secs
    well all these just sucks because yes they are working faster but then again no really because of them skiping all those months, some one said watting on additional evidense bu hoe do we found that out id we dont even know if they have look at our case or they havent sent a letter for requestin more evidense i agree with sweetzsour its really frustating because im a jan 10 backlogged and nothing my hubby has a clean record and i gave them most that i could i have a three year ol daughter that cries for her dad every i mean every night and ask when is he going to come back but avisly they dont care about kids what hapen to us being a country to keep families toguether i guess that went out the window sorry i needed to vent

but im happy for my cuz she was a march 1o backlogged and she recived an aproval letter on sat im sad because it wasent me but her fam is fanally going to be toguether ojala dios ecuche mis resos so i can hear good news too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MRS.SUAREZ For This Useful Post:

LAYOYA (07-26-2010)

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First ClassNew Achievement!Overdrive25000 Experience Points50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most PopularAdmin
    Tiles Champion Black Jack Champion Word Game Champion
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 6,603 Posts
    Time Online
    8 Mths 4 Days 14 Hrs 1 Min 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Hrs 18 Mins 3 Secs
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Also keep in mind that while LA is still working on the majority of the months that we see, many are still getting approved through CDJ and Mexico City as well. There's absolutely no way for those consulates to have those files in their hands to look at if they keep things in order. I have no doubt that it sucks if you're waiting from June 2009 and you see a 2010 approval. We all want the queue to work like it should. But just think of the logistics alone and it isn't possible. I believe that it truly sucks.

As for those that want to know when to send in additional evidence - this is why when you get backlogged CDJ says send it in within 84 days. This covers them because if you didn't then you can't blame them for not having it in your file. At this point it looks like it has become a huge guessing game and maybe the answer is to send in mini-packets when you can fully research and add, as opposed to one big one? Who knows, but this definitely changes the game from what we have seen before.
    Just getting started? Here are some guides to help you learn more about the process:
    Help! My foreign spouse/fiance is or was illegally present - what do I do?
    EWI, bans, and what you should know BEFORE filing
    Self-Test for Waiver Inadmissability
    What to look for when hiring an attorney

Other useful guides:
    All About the I-601: Resources for Proving Extreme Hardship
    Guide to Removing Conditions for Conditional Visas (I-751)
    Guide to Select Service
    How to Enlist the Help of Your Elected Officials
    Member Recommended Attorneys

**Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am only drawing on personal experience. Please consult with an experienced attorney regarding your case specifics before taking any action.

Alumni Member
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Days 13 Hrs 39 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 8 Secs
    Ditto to Los G. Sounds like they are trying to implement a new way of doing things, which would make it faster for those waivers just submitted. Stinks for all of those backlogged from earlier though. I'm sorry guys. I hope you all get your approvals soon!
    09/14/2009 Waiver Appt.
    09/21/2009 Backlogged
    06/28/2010 Approved Letter Dated 06/23/2010
    08/18/2010 Visa pick up!!!
    08/19/2010 Visa stamped in passport
    08/30/2010 SS Card Arrives
    09/07/2010 GC Arrives

My Timeline
    http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showth...308#post965308
    Recommended Attorneys by Members
    http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showth...y-I2US-Members

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsAdmin
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 3 Days 8 Hrs 52 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    5 Mins 51 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    I am grateful that the waiver was available for my fiance. It was difficult to watch cases that were backlogged after ours get their approvals before we did, but I am thankful to finally have received an approval. Others are not as fortunate and a waiver is not even an option.
    FIANCE VISA ROUTE
    backlogged: July 22, 2009
    Case transfered to LA office April 30, 2009
    Waiver approved July 2, 2010
    Open appointment September 20, 2010
    Received K-1 visa September 24, 2010
    Entered U.S. September 26, 2010
    Married October 1, 2010
    Sent AOS October 12, 2010
    Advance parole received December 22, 2010
    Work authorization received December 27. 2010
    Received green card January 22, 2011

13. The Following User Says Thank You to brykit For This Useful Post:

anasmom (07-26-2010)

Magna Cum Laude
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsAdmin

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,514 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 6 Days 21 Hrs 22 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    7 Mins 50 Secs
    Ditto. It would be impossible to go in order when the waivers are being sent to several different consulates and even though it still sucks, I think it is much better then waiting 18 months or more as some were not so long ago while some were getting approved in a year or less.

Laurel did mention a while back that people who were just filing waivers were to be transferred to other offices sooner and expected to hear news within 6 months, do you guys remember that?

Either way, I know it is frustrating. This entire process is frustrating.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lachulagreeneyes For This Useful Post:

sweetzsour (07-26-2010)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information