Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Backlogged waiver form march 2010 approved!

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First ClassNew Achievement!Overdrive25000 Experience Points50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most PopularAdmin
    Tiles Champion Black Jack Champion Word Game Champion
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 6,603 Posts
    Time Online
    8 Mths 4 Days 14 Hrs 44 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Hrs 16 Mins 25 Secs
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Also, PLEASE check out this thread about the 84 days that explains some more about the consulate's procedure. With files going all over the place it's becoming more imperative that you send that packet in earlier than later. Not to mention that again, it's impossible for them to keep them in order.

I know for those of you watching people who have been backlogged a lot less time than you that it can be painful. Please try to keep in mind that not 6 months ago we had members waiting 20+ months. This process is crazy at it's best and hopefully you'll all be approved soon!
    Just getting started? Here are some guides to help you learn more about the process:
    Help! My foreign spouse/fiance is or was illegally present - what do I do?
    EWI, bans, and what you should know BEFORE filing
    Self-Test for Waiver Inadmissability
    What to look for when hiring an attorney

Other useful guides:
    All About the I-601: Resources for Proving Extreme Hardship
    Guide to Removing Conditions for Conditional Visas (I-751)
    Guide to Select Service
    How to Enlist the Help of Your Elected Officials
    Member Recommended Attorneys

**Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am only drawing on personal experience. Please consult with an experienced attorney regarding your case specifics before taking any action.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TSK For This Useful Post:

ALONSO (07-26-2010),anasmom (07-26-2010),bvallejo (07-27-2010),Lachulagreeneyes (07-26-2010),sweetzsour (07-26-2010)

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 990 Posts
    Time Online
    3 Wks 3 Days 5 Hrs 37 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    13 Mins 30 Secs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    i agree.... its impossible to keep them all in order at all the places they get transferred too... but its just so frustrating that even the ones that STAY in CDJ aren't being done anywhere near in order... so yeah - maybe new process again that screws the older people. Granted i'm happy we even have this option... granted i'm happy i don't have to wait near as long as people did when i first joined this forum.... but given the things i'm truly thankful about - its hard to hide the frustration....as is for many and i'm sure was when the pilot program first started and those people were getting the shaft.... but still... thankful this process even exists in teh first place........

ok just read the 84 days thread....and i freaked out... ours was sent about 110/120ish days later... BUT now i just realized - they HAD to keep our packet in CDJ ( i would think) and couldn't transfer it until CDC process was done... i sent the packet RIGHT after CDC process complete... so maybe we're "okay" then... aaaaahhhh
    Our Timeline CDC Referral Process & Alcohol Abuse Dx NEW Regs (Drug ban/Health waiver)
    DUI/Criminal Issues Timelines/Approvals DUI/Criminal Issues Alcohol/Drug Inadmissibilities Overview

April 1, 2008~Sent I-130 November 20, 2008~I-130 approved October 8, 2009~Received Visa Interview letter November 1, 2009~Hubby left for Mexico November 9, 2009~Visa Interview January 19, 2010~First Waiver Appt-AUTO BACKLOG (2 DWIs/Health waiver) April 12, 2010~Received initial CDC packet April 28, 2010~Received CDC "approval"
    October 19, 2010~Consulate called-ALL evidence is missing! Recopied my 9lb file LOL & UPS'd it to CDJ!
    October 27, 2010~(expedite) APPROVED ....and without the assistance of a lawyer for the I-601

I am not a lawyer. Please don't mistake my opinion for legal advice

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 4 Days 15 Hrs 23 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    6 Mins 29 Secs
    @ sweetzsour -- a long time ago, Warren Janssen attended a chat with Laurel but this site crashed so all the information were deleted. But in order to ease your frustration (which understandably so because sometimes it is just hard to put the pieces together especially when there seems to be no rhyme with the processing) I am going to share a transcript from that chat:

mlr: Warren I currently have a friend thats waiver was sent to your office Aug 23 2006 and she has already received her answer via mail. SHe did not request an expedite?! How would this come about. Her husband was just reinlisted in the service, but again she did not request an expedite?
    Warren: Even though an applicant may not request an expedite, we are on the lookout for cases that may deserve faster processing. These are very few and exceptional.

mnava: Warren you said you are always on the lookout for waivers that deserve expedite. But then you said they get reviewed as they come in "chronilogical order", how can you look at all the waivers and determine expedites?
    Warren: As we process waivers and put them on the shelf we identify cases that may deserve faster processing due to certain medical issues. We also receive expedite requests from applicants, attorneys, and congessional offices after the waiver is submitted.

Feel better, hun?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JMRJ For This Useful Post:

sweetzsour (07-27-2010)

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 990 Posts
    Time Online
    3 Wks 3 Days 5 Hrs 37 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    13 Mins 30 Secs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Thanks!!! yeah... that makes it all make a little more sense...
    Our Timeline CDC Referral Process & Alcohol Abuse Dx NEW Regs (Drug ban/Health waiver)
    DUI/Criminal Issues Timelines/Approvals DUI/Criminal Issues Alcohol/Drug Inadmissibilities Overview

April 1, 2008~Sent I-130 November 20, 2008~I-130 approved October 8, 2009~Received Visa Interview letter November 1, 2009~Hubby left for Mexico November 9, 2009~Visa Interview January 19, 2010~First Waiver Appt-AUTO BACKLOG (2 DWIs/Health waiver) April 12, 2010~Received initial CDC packet April 28, 2010~Received CDC "approval"
    October 19, 2010~Consulate called-ALL evidence is missing! Recopied my 9lb file LOL & UPS'd it to CDJ!
    October 27, 2010~(expedite) APPROVED ....and without the assistance of a lawyer for the I-601

I am not a lawyer. Please don't mistake my opinion for legal advice

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information