Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11141516

Thread: CDJ I-601 After NVC Case Closed/Waiver Approval to Visa Issuance Discussion (8)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    2 Days 5 Hrs 16 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 19 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    Update:

We received my mother-inLaws visa Tuesday @3:30 pm. Only took 1 day after interview. From what I've read on USCIS website & Travel.State.gov , they process your visa according to the visa category that you filed under. In my wife's mothers case , my wife is a US citizen filing for her immediate relative (mother). This is 1st preference. I now understand why others and my wife had to wait so long to receive their visa packages, the Consulate gives priority according to the way your filed.

I am glad this journey is over, they have streamlined the process better than when my wife was in Juarez in 2012. Delivery of your visa and package went straight to the ASC . I got an email with the tracking number immediately. It wasn't always this organized in the past, people used to wait months for their visa because DHL was so crappy.
    3-10-2003 Met my wife ~ 8-8-2003 Married My Love ~ Waiver Appointment 2-17-2011 ~ Referred 2-28-2011 ~ Packet Updated 6-22-2011 ~

Approved 8-23-2011 ~ Approval in the system 9-30-2011 ~ Got Inst. Letter @ Info Window & Submitted Medical & Passport 10-6-2011

DHL Delivered Documents to Consulate ~ 10-7-2011 ~ Picked up VISA ~ 10-14-2011 ~ Wife crossed border and flew home with me. ~

Green Card Arrived 11-8-2011 ~ Our journey is finally over !

**Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am only drawing on personal experience. Please consult with an experienced attorney regarding your case specifics before taking any action.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    18 Hrs 21 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Mins 45 Secs

Administrative Processing

My husband had his interview July 21st, was given the green paper for approval and the blue paper for missing docs (221g) he was put into Administrative Processing. We sent the docs Monday July 24th and DHL said they were delivered Tuesday July 25th. How long does the admin processing take? it was Sponsor docs that was sent. CEAC website says Administrative Processing but it updated the date today still says administrative processing. Any recent experiences would be great.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    15 Hrs 8 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Mins 37 Secs
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    What type of documents did they ask for? Just wondering as my husband will have his interview there as well. I want to make sure we are prepared. Also how long did it take to get the interview appointment? I submitted all documents last week but DS-260 was done in May. Good luck hope all goes fast as waiting is not fun at all. On the bright side congrats on his approval.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryNew Achievement!1000 Experience PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    1 Day 21 Hrs 57 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 4 Secs

Medical exams question (Mexico)

Hi everyone, so I finally received my interview date (Sept 01, 2017). I'm extremely nervous and my Attorney doesn't seems to be making me feel any better. The letter with my interview date stated I need to get my medical exams done before my interview and then take the sealed envelope with me to my interview. Well the legal assistant told me "No you don't need to schedule a biometric nor a medical exam appointment, it'll be done at the interview" so ladies and gentlemen who have been through the process please let me know if I actually do have to schedule these appointments before my interview date. I forgot to add that I already had my biometrics done here in the states I don't know if I have to get another in Mexico also. I feel like the people who are advicing me do not know whAt they are talking about. Thanks in advance friends

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First ClassNew Achievement!Overdrive25000 Experience Points50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most PopularAdmin
    Tiles Champion Black Jack Champion Word Game Champion
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,530 Times in 6,610 Posts
    Time Online
    8 Mths 4 Days 18 Hrs 48 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Hrs 10 Mins 39 Secs
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjuarez1991 View Post
    Hi everyone, so I finally received my interview date (Sept 01, 2017). I'm extremely nervous and my Attorney doesn't seems to be making me feel any better. The letter with my interview date stated I need to get my medical exams done before my interview and then take the sealed envelope with me to my interview. Well the legal assistant told me "No you don't need to schedule a biometric nor a medical exam appointment, it'll be done at the interview" so ladies and gentlemen who have been through the process please let me know if I actually do have to schedule these appointments before my interview date. I forgot to add that I already had my biometrics done here in the states I don't know if I have to get another in Mexico also. I feel like the people who are advicing me do not know whAt they are talking about. Thanks in advance friends
    Your attorney is correct - you'll need to do the medical exam prior to your appointment in CDJ. You'll want to schedule your medical appointment now that you have your interview date - at least 24 hours prior to your interview date is recommended. Yes, you'll need to redo biometrics there (why they make you do it twice, I'll never know, but that's how it's set up). You can find links on how to do all of this on the first page of this thread.

Good luck!
    Just getting started? Here are some guides to help you learn more about the process:
    Help! My foreign spouse/fiance is or was illegally present - what do I do?
    EWI, bans, and what you should know BEFORE filing
    Self-Test for Waiver Inadmissability
    What to look for when hiring an attorney

Other useful guides:
    All About the I-601: Resources for Proving Extreme Hardship
    Guide to Removing Conditions for Conditional Visas (I-751)
    Guide to Select Service
    How to Enlist the Help of Your Elected Officials
    Member Recommended Attorneys

**Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am only drawing on personal experience. Please consult with an experienced attorney regarding your case specifics before taking any action.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience PointsAdmin
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    9 Hrs 23 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    12 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hello!

I am wondering if someone can help me out with their specific days in C. Juarez. Hubby is going out next month and I will go with him, but I was wondering what happens AFTER the interview... Can you come back into the US right away? Are you waiting for a Visa? Does the Visa get mailed to you? Do you pick it up?

If you're waiting to get the Visa- can you move around in Mexico? Like if we traveled to Cancun while we waited for the Visa, would that be a problem? Any advice/real world examples of their experience would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by MexiRicanDiva; 08-12-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience PointsAdmin
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    9 Hrs 23 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    12 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    Question- what about after the interview? Did you guys stay in El Paso or Cuidad Juarez? In addition, was she able to come to the US right away, or did she wait in Mexico until she got her visa? I am going next month with my husband and trying to prepare. Thanks!

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    17 Hrs 14 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    35 Secs

How long does it take to get the package after approval?

Anyone know how long does it take to get package?

Thank you!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Hr 12 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    18 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by MexiRicanDiva View Post
    Question- what about after the interview? Did you guys stay in El Paso or Cuidad Juarez? In addition, was she able to come to the US right away, or did she wait in Mexico until she got her visa? I am going next month with my husband and trying to prepare. Thanks!
    You wait until you get your visa via dhl can take 3 or more days to arrive .

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryNew Achievement!1000 Experience PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    1 Day 21 Hrs 57 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 4 Secs

Interview apt soon and need help with police cert question.

I came to the US when I was 2 therefore my attorney told me I didn't need a police cert from Mexico bc I was not in that country 6 months after I turned 18. Well I'm in Mexico now and a few days from my apt and I am so scared that I may get denied bc I didn't get one. I did in fact bring one from the two counties I've lived in, in the USA. Please someone advice me, should I be ok since I was only 2 or is it going to be a pro mem.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11141516

Thread Information