Thread: Thank You

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsAdmin
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Day 6 Hrs 17 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    40 Secs
    My Mood
    Lurking

Thank You

There are so many of you that have been by my side since the first moment I put out that SOS call. In 2003 Cristian was picked up by immigration and in 2004 he took voluntary departure and our world fell apart. The judge said he would be gone for 3 months.....that 3 months turned into 3 years. I wrote the president, my governor and my senators. I didn't know what a hardship waiver was and apparently neither did our lawyer. I went on line to search "how long does it take to get green card approval" that search led me to a site called American Families United. On there I met a wonderful man that called himself ciscohiker and he led me to I2US. It was a group of wonderful people here that helped me with my hardship letter. These people were there any time I needed a shoulder. They were there when I cried, laughed and rejoiced. They were there when I went through crazy stuff to get my previous marriage annulled so I could become Catholic. They were there when I got stuck at the airport in Mexico City and didn't know what to do because I didn't speak Spanish and couldn't find anyone that spoke English (I can laugh at that now &#128540 They were there when we renewed our vows in our Catholic Church here and in the Catholic Church in Mexico. They were there when we registered our marriage in Mexico. They were there when I got depressed and my life was in shambles.....we had 4 interviews at the consulate and we were about to give up the hope of Cristian ever coming back. They were there when we got that little white envelope that inside were the words we waited so long to hear......APPROVED!! Some of these wonderful people are still here by my side as we come to the end of our immigration journey. It's over for us......Cristian is now a proud US citizen. I want to tell all of my immigration friends "thank you" from the bottom of my heart. I have made some lasting friendships and we share a bond that most people don't understand. I'm proud to know all of you and you will always have a place in my heart.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aprilstorm For This Useful Post:

epm (06-06-2017),inadmissible (05-05-2017),y14gemini (06-07-2017)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience PointsAdmin
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 7 Hrs 53 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 56 Secs
    i know exactly what you are say because i have a litle similar history i just dont get deported,
    i this forum i find people help me find my inadmissible ,i dont have any ideia what is a ban they help me understand what is it here in the forum
    im enjoy this forum from 2009 and im very thankfull for people donw here who take they time to help others.
    Im still in immigration process but i belive it going to get true.congratulation you have your husband in there with you now.

- - - Updated - - -

i know exactly what you are say because i have a litle similar history i just dont get deported,
    i this forum i find people help me find my inadmissible ,i dont have any ideia what is a ban they help me understand what is it here in the forum
    im enjoy this forum from 2009 and im very thankfull for people donw here who take they time to help others.
    Im still in immigration process but i belive it going to get true.congratulation you have your husband in there with you now.
    EWI 2002
    Meet spouse 2006
    back to Brasil 2007
    Get marrie may 4 2011

Lawyer Liz Cannon

send I-130 april 2012
    I-130 Aproved 18 december 2012

Lawyer Erin Schaad

waiver mailed 06 august 2016
    they receive 11 august 2016

you dont lose nothing in help others, just make your soul feell better .

Valedictorian
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranNew Achievement!Admin10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 2 Days 12 Hrs 50 Mins
    Avg. Time Online
    5 Mins 8 Secs
    Congratulations, aprilstorm! Seems like a different life when we were going through all that, right?
    Annie Schwartz is our awesome lawyer.

I-601 Start: July 9, 2007
    Finish: August 17, 2010

Timeline

We made it! He's a citizen! Thank you, I2US!

Naturalization Timeline

"The longer I live and the older I get, the greater difficulty I have in differentiating between blessings and trials." Anonymous

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Admin25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Time Online
    4 Wks 4 Hrs 56 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    15 Mins 11 Secs
    My Mood
    Cloud_9
    Congrats!! I am so happy that your journey is OVER! <3
    Be joyful in hope, Patient in affliction, Faithful in prayer....Romans 12:12

No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life goes on, and it will be better tomorrow -- Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel -- Maya Angelou

No advice given on this site is to be considered legal advice.
    Please consult with an immigration lawyer.

Thread Information