Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hello, my name is Patricia, need help on I601 Hardship to bring my son back home.

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Points: 55, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3
    Points
    55
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Hr 45 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 5 Secs

    Hello, my name is Patricia, need help on I601 Hardship to bring my son back home.

    July 03 2009, my son was subject to 5 years ban from his departure from the United State as a consequence of him having been found inadmissible as an arriving alien in proceedings under section 235 (b)(1) or 240 of the Act.
    During the time of his removal proceedings, we start the application to obtaining his immigrant visa and they were done, he had his appointment at Cd Juarez, Chih. Mexico, on August 6 2016, after following up on that appointment, we send the requested documents in his process, and start being monitoring the status of its application, we realized that the response of the process it had been sent by DHL; Like the rest of the family, I did not expect that he will be found inadmissible after having fulfilled our 5-year ban, now, I need help on his waiver....
    I haven't see a process posted yet like mine.... any help will be appreciate

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Points: 6,872, Level: 35
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience PointsAdmin
    suzane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in Brasil
    Posts
    202
    Points
    6,872
    Level
    35
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Hrs 20 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Mins 1 Sec
    i dont know what is a process in DHL
    but he is ban for 10 year but can do the waiver after 5 years
    pass 5 year outside the country is supost sent all form and paper for waiver
    i think if you missed anything or sent anything incorrect you can contact Uscis and try fix it.
    good lucky in your son immigration process.
    EWI 2002
    Meet spouse 2006
    back to Brasil 2007
    Get marrie may 4 2011

    Lawyer Liz Cannon

    send I-130 april 2012
    I-130 Aproved 18 december 2012


    Lawyer Erin Schaad

    waiver mailed 06 august 2016
    they receive 11 august 2016


    you dont lose nothing in help others, just make your soul feell better .

  3. #3
    Illustrissimi
    Points: 17,041, Level: 56
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranNew Achievement!Three Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdriveAdmin

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,393
    Points
    17,041
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 967 Times in 836 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Mth 2 Wks 14 Hrs 53 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    24 Mins 53 Secs
    Is his visa number current?

    Do you have a lawyer?
    Nothing in life is guaranteed, especially anything to do with Immigration.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Points: 55, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3
    Points
    55
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Hr 45 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 5 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by suzane View Post
    i dont know what is a process in DHL
    but he is ban for 10 year but can do the waiver after 5 years
    pass 5 year outside the country is supost sent all form and paper for waiver
    i think if you missed anything or sent anything incorrect you can contact Uscis and try fix it.
    good lucky in your son immigration process.
    He was ban 5 years, all process were done, when we get the envelope from DHL, (we assumed that was the visa) instead of, came the request for a I601 waiver and the passport, we didn't open the envelope until we was actually at the Laredo port of entry, they open the envelope and handled it to us, I'm glad that they didn't deport him again, guest because they open the envelope and they knew that we didn't know either ....and yes, I have a Lawyer....

  5. #5
    Alumni Member
    Points: 4,932, Level: 29
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    874
    Points
    4,932
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 316 Times in 270 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 1 Day 13 Hrs 25 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    7 Mins 40 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by PATRICIA MANSELL View Post
    July 03 2009, my son was subject to 5 years ban from his departure from the United State as a consequence of him having been found inadmissible as an arriving alien in proceedings under section 235 (b)(1) or 240 of the Act.
    During the time of his removal proceedings, we start the application to obtaining his immigrant visa and they were done, he had his appointment at Cd Juarez, Chih. Mexico, on August 6 2016, after following up on that appointment, we send the requested documents in his process, and start being monitoring the status of its application, we realized that the response of the process it had been sent by DHL; Like the rest of the family, I did not expect that he will be found inadmissible after having fulfilled our 5-year ban, now, I need help on his waiver....
    I haven't see a process posted yet like mine.... any help will be appreciate
    What inadmissibility do they say he has? Obviously the 5-year 9A ban is over so what other inadmissibility does he have?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Points: 55, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3
    Points
    55
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Hr 45 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 5 Secs
    I601(212(a)(6)(C)(i) fraud or misrepresentation .... ban 5 years, that's it.

  7. #7
    Alumni Member
    Points: 4,932, Level: 29
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    874
    Points
    4,932
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 316 Times in 270 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 1 Day 13 Hrs 25 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    7 Mins 40 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by PATRICIA MANSELL View Post
    I601(212(a)(6)(C)(i) fraud or misrepresentation .... ban 5 years, that's it.
    6C(i) for fraud of misrepresentation is a lifetime ban; it is never over. That's why he needs a waiver, and yes, you file it with I-601, and yes, it needs to show "extreme hardship" to his spouse or parent who is an LPR or USC (e.g. you, a LPR or USC parent, are a qualifying relative), if he cannot be in the US.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to newacct For This Useful Post:

    inadmissible (04-09-2017)

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,961, Level: 18
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    226
    Points
    1,961
    Level
    18
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 58 Times in 49 Posts
    Time Online
    2 Days 8 Hrs 42 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Mins 20 Secs
    Patricia, can you tell us more about the fraud your son committed?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •