Thread: Filing DS-260 with a CDJ case number

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Recommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,705 Times in 3,209 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    2 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 23 Hrs 2 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Hr 7 Mins 8 Secs
    My Mood
    Mellow

Filing DS-260 with a CDJ case number

I don't know how many people are still in this situation, but I feel like I keep seeing this predicament around here. Member Curtis Kent has posted how to file the DS-260 when your case number begins with "CDJ" rather than "MEP", most likely due to your case being an older one that got to the NVC before Mexico started doing Electronic Processing. Today he confirmed that they had success in CDJ using this method. I added his method to the MEP sticky in the NVC section, and here is what it says:

I got the letter saying that my wife needed to fill out the DS-260, we have a CDJ case number. No invoice ID was ever assigned. The NVC has no record of our case. Ciudad Juarez could not help, we also sent a fax to them requesting the info.

Then I found this: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/step2_iv.html
    It says after a bit of examination that our invoice id is the applicants date of birth, "*Please note: Cases with no NVC Invoice number may enter the applicant's date of birth in the following format - YYYYMMDD- as a substitute invoice number."

With that we were able to sign in to http://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx , the DS-260 and start the application. It later asks for a beneficary ID number or something like that, we also were not given that number, we ended up putting the numbers that come after the CDJxxxxx in your case number, and it let us complete the form.

Our appointment in Juarez is the 10th of June. I will follow up on this after that if the info I gave here turns out to be wrong. But it should be good because we got it done.

Good luck everyone!
    Please post your immigration questions on the forum, not in a private message. Always consult an experienced lawyer before filing.
    *If you believe you or someone on your behalf checked the "US Citizen" box on an employment document, please do not send a private message. Talk to a trusted lawyer about what could happen. *
    Getting StartedGetting Legal Status for Your Loved OneWaiver Eligibility
    Recommended Lawyers Visa BulletinHelp from Elected OfficialsTranslations

Consular ProcessKnow before filingSpouse/Fiance Petition Petition Processing TimesNVC Stage Medical/InterviewI-601 WaiverAfter Approval
    Other Routes Adjustment of Status in the US Direct Consular Filing

Living Outside the USLife in MexicoMoving to Canada Moving to Other Countries

Officially banned for life w/no waiver (6cii)- but we don't give up! Read our story
    Lawyers I've worked with and highly recommend: Laurel Scott Laura Fernandez Lizz Cannon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Los G For This Useful Post:

carlosalica (06-14-2011),hernapj (06-14-2011)

Thread Information