Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DHS will amend DCF/Direct Consular Filing Form I-130/Form I-360 processing

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Three FriendsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    6 Days 8 Hrs 40 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    5 Mins 42 Secs
    Nothing changes on DCF at this point if the country you live in has a USCIS sub-office. If the country does not have a USCIS sub-office then you file in the US at the loxbox directions.

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 4 Days 15 Hrs 23 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    10 Mins 26 Secs
    Yes, LosG I think you're interpreting it correctly. Not much changes on filing location except people outside DCF, CDJ or MTY for example, must mail or hand their applications to those offices.

One significant change I see, though, is that consular officers will no longer be authorized to adjudicate those petitions but the USCIS officers. So I am not sure if the Direct Consular Filing would still be a correct term to use. Well, I have not seen that term on 9 FAM or USCIS site.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that effective Aug. 15, 2011, petitioners residing in countries without USCIS offices will be able to file a Petition for an Alien Relative (Form I-130), with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility. This will increase the efficiency of the relative petition filing process and give USCIS more flexibility in managing its workload. Previous regulations permitted these petitioners, who comprise about 5 percent of all I-130 petitioners, to file with USCIS or the U.S. Department of State at their local U.S. embassy or consulate.
    Under the new regulation, published today in the Federal Register, petitioners residing in countries without USCIS offices may file a Petition for an Alien Relative based on the addresses provided in the revised form instructions, also available on www.uscis.gov:

For U.S. Postal Service:
    USCIS
    P.O. Box 804625
    Attn. CSC/I-130/OS
    Chicago, IL 60680-4107

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
    USCIS
    Attn. CSC/I-130/OS
    131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor
    Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Petitioners residing in a country with a USCIS office have the option of sending their I-130 forms to the Chicago Lockbox, or they may file their Forms I-130 at the international USCIS office having jurisdiction over the area where they live.

To enable a smooth transition, petitioners should continue to file at their local U.S. embassy or consulate through Aug. 14, 2011. Beginning Aug. 15, petitioners residing abroad must file according to the new instructions.
    Individuals with questions or concerns should contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 1 Day 7 Hrs 58 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    8 Mins 9 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    So I understand clearly. If I were to file after August 15, I would have to send my I-30 form to Cuidad Juarez? Does that mean also that all my paperwork Form 485,I 601, etc. is sent to Juarez and not the Chicago office? Hubby lives in US currently but once appt is given will go back home to Mexico.?

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Recommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,727 Times in 3,212 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    2 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 23 Hrs 47 Mins 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Hr 6 Mins 22 Secs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    HD2004, I do not think this post has anything to do with you, unless the US citizen petitioner has been living in Mexico for at least the past 6 months with a resident visa (such as FM2 or FM3).

If you are unclear on what/how/where the procedure for filing should be, please consult an attorney before you do anything with your paperwork!
    Please post your immigration questions on the forum, not in a private message. Always consult an experienced lawyer before filing.
    *If you believe you or someone on your behalf checked the "US Citizen" box on an employment document, please do not send a private message. Talk to a trusted lawyer about what could happen. *
    Getting StartedGetting Legal Status for Your Loved OneWaiver Eligibility
    Recommended Lawyers Visa BulletinHelp from Elected OfficialsTranslations

Consular ProcessKnow before filingSpouse/Fiance Petition Petition Processing TimesNVC Stage Medical/InterviewI-601 WaiverAfter Approval
    Other Routes Adjustment of Status in the US Direct Consular Filing

Living Outside the USLife in MexicoMoving to Canada Moving to Other Countries

Officially banned for life w/no waiver (6cii)- but we don't give up! Read our story
    Lawyers I've worked with and highly recommend: Laurel Scott Laura Fernandez Lizz Cannon

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,960 Times in 3,840 Posts
    Time Online
    6 Mths 11 Hrs 52 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Hrs 41 Mins 54 Secs
    My Mood
    Sassy
    It's good to see some changes rolling out.
    Timeline:
    08/2003 - Hubs EWI from El Salvador
    08/08/08 - Married in NYC
    11/22/11 - Visa Interview
    04/16/12 - Expedite request submiited, approved 2 days later
    05/17/12 - Waiver approved!!! (6 months)
    05/27/12 - Stepped in the US as LPR
    02/27/15 - Eligible for citizenship
    **Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12**

Getting started - Process overview*Selective Service applies to male immigrants*FOIA request
    Useful links - Lockbox filing timelines* User Recommended Attorneys*Guide for NVC* TPS AOS after Advanced Parole
    I-601-Resources for Proving Extreme Hardship*How to Assemble I-601 packet*Sources of evidence
    Hablo Español*El Salvador Interviews Log
    **Nothing I say should be considered legal advice. Consult with an experienced attorney regarding your specific case.**

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 1 Day 7 Hrs 58 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    8 Mins 9 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Los G View Post
    HD2004, I do not think this post has anything to do with you, unless the US citizen petitioner has been living in Mexico for at least the past 6 months with a resident visa (such as FM2 or FM3).

If you are unclear on what/how/where the procedure for filing should be, please consult an attorney before you do anything with your paperwork!
    thanks. I have already spoken to Laurel. I just wanted to be clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information