Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife's case in Juarez is still pending...HELP !

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    2 Days 4 Hrs 11 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Mins 21 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    Yes, this is very frustrating. Thanks for your help again.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

I saw this on another Lawyers website...has anyone heard of this "A" file ?

Waivers where the applicant has an “A” file will typically be referred, since that file will have to be reviewed before making a decision and it takes two to three weeks to receive the file. The USCIS office in Cd. Juarez will hold onto those cases until the A file is obtained where there is evidence of strong hardships.

There are fewer than 4,000 waiver applications in Ciudad Juarez. This number reflects the applications received and referred during a three-month period. There are still unadjudicated applications pending in the offices where they were referred.

Administrator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most PopularAdmin
    Tiles Champion Black Jack Champion Word Game Champion
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,829 Times in 6,080 Posts
    Time Online
    7 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 10 Hrs 53 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Hrs 19 Mins 13 Secs
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    The "A" file is an Alien file. You're given a number if you're ever caught, put in proceedings, etc. For most members this isn't an issue but if you've ever been "in the system" they want to be sure to check your entire file before making a determination as to whether or not to approve your case.
    Just getting started?
    Here are some guides to help you learn more about the process:
    Help! My foreign spouse/fiance is or was illegally present - what do I do?
    EWI, bans, and what you should know BEFORE filing
    Self-Test for Waiver Inadmissability
    What to look for when hiring an attorney

Other useful guides:
    All About the I-601: Resources for Proving Extreme Hardship
    Guide to Removing Conditions for Conditions Visas (I-751)
    Guide to Select Service
    How to Enlist the Help of Your Elected Officials
    Member Recommended Attorneys

**Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am only drawing on personal experience. Please consult with an experienced attorney regarding your case specifics before taking any action.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TSK For This Useful Post:

Iris_ (04-09-2011),TimTidmore (03-13-2011)

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Mins 21 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    My wife and all of her sisters have the same name with an exception of their middle names. Could this trigger an "A" file on my wife since her 2 sisters were caught and deported 2 times while trying to enter the U.S. years ago. My wife has never been deported or caught crossing the border at any time, nor had any run in's with the law ( she was the lucky one ). I wonder if that's why my wife's case is just sitting there because her name got a hit that matched them ?

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

This is a scary thing I just read ...

Laurel: I'm sorry to tell you that "Administrative Processing" is one of those Black Holes in immigration law. What that means is that your case has been taking off the standard rails of processing and is now off on it's own. This means there is no way to predict how long it will take. I have personally had cases in administrative processing for less than two weeks and cases in administrative processing for four years (no, I'm not kidding, and yes I filed all kinds of inquiries and nasty letters). As for why you are in Administrative Processing, there are a great many possible reasons, such as a false hit on your name, the existence of an alien file, questions about the validity of your documents, or legal questions that need a supervisor's opinion.

Administrator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most PopularAdmin
    Tiles Champion Black Jack Champion Word Game Champion
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,829 Times in 6,080 Posts
    Time Online
    7 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 10 Hrs 53 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Hrs 19 Mins 13 Secs
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    TimTidmore, if that were the case they would just refer your case and be done. That doesn't explain why they haven't made a decision yet because again, they have approximately 10-15 minutes per case to review it and make a decision. They don't hold onto them for weeks to be sure that they are making the right one because that is what the backlog process is for.

In reference to AP going through CDJ - MOST members on this forum have had approvals after AP within a couple of weeks. I have seen it in as little as 2 days and as long as 2 months. We are lucky. Members processing through foreign consulates that aren't CDJ are not quite so lucky on many accounts. First, because they don't have the Pilot Program so must wait months and months to know a decision, unlike CDJ members who know within a few weeks and if their case isn't "up to snuff" they have a chance to submit additional evidence (CDJ is the only consulate in the world that clues you in to whether or not you've made a strong enough packet!). Second, because while AP does happen, it's usually quick if going through Mexico, unlike the rest of the world (especially the Eastern Hemisphere). For a CDJ case in AP, they usually receive an answer in less than half the time that people who are backlogged are waiting for an answer.

I know at this point you and your family are going crazy with the wait and I completely understand that. But try to remain as calm as possible (I know, easier said than done!) while you wait because creating monsters in your head only makes the wait so much more worse. I really do hope that you receive an answer soon!
    Just getting started?
    Here are some guides to help you learn more about the process:
    Help! My foreign spouse/fiance is or was illegally present - what do I do?
    EWI, bans, and what you should know BEFORE filing
    Self-Test for Waiver Inadmissability
    What to look for when hiring an attorney

Other useful guides:
    All About the I-601: Resources for Proving Extreme Hardship
    Guide to Removing Conditions for Conditions Visas (I-751)
    Guide to Select Service
    How to Enlist the Help of Your Elected Officials
    Member Recommended Attorneys

**Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am only drawing on personal experience. Please consult with an experienced attorney regarding your case specifics before taking any action.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TSK For This Useful Post:

TimTidmore (03-13-2011)

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Mins 21 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    I am praying for a quick approval.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 11 Hrs 4 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 58 Secs
    Tim now you making me think,,, my brother turn in his waiver on Feb 23rd and we haven't receive nothing yet!!!!! My was in Juarez only one day to turn in the waiver, then went back to aguascalientes where he is currently waiting for a response!!!!!!! For the wait we don't care as much, but if the response is sitting at the DHL I will be mad. I keep calling the 202 number and they tell me still processing the website doesnt show a tracking number but on Friday I called DHL in Aguascalientes and they tell me they don't have anything. I was wondering if I should called DHL in Juarez just in case they have it. Does anybody have the number? Tim I feel for you and going for exactly the same thing . Keep us posted of the outcome!!!!!!!!

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    2 Days 10 Hrs 31 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Mins 36 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    I hope that it only takes 6-8 weeks for my husband but at least we know that its not denied and he still has a chance but the whole time it was annoying waiting for the package to get to dhl but honestly i would not trust the numbers nor the website my husbands package got to the dhl office 2 weeks after his appt, he had it feb 11th and package was recieved feb 22 so i would tell ur wife to go to the applicant center..
    hope u hear good news soon

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Jesus they will not give you any number if you call them they will say they need a tracking number well it depends if the person you get is lazy and dont want to take the extra step to look further but at the applicant center my husband took the paper they gave him on his waiver appt and they looked for it and they tracked it and gave him the tracking number there and then he went to the dhl office.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

TSK I have a question my husband is on AP i guess you can say the letter says:
    We need additional time to review your application so that we can check additional government records or conduct other research to determine whether you are eligible for a waiver. You do not need to take any additional action at this time. We will notify you if we need additional information from you or when a decision is made.
    And what gets me is that i have MS and i need my hubby to take me to the doc appts and its been very stressful to not have him here and i do not understand why they would put his waiver to the side he has no criminal record nothing!

Magnifici
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryNew Achievement!10000 Experience Points
    Poux Champion Yetisports - Orca Slap Champion Ice Age Part 1 - Scrat Jump Champion Tom and Jerry Bowling Champion Yeti Pengu Throw Champion
    Cubitsu Champion The Weakest Link Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    3 Wks 3 Hrs 57 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    18 Mins 52 Secs
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by TSK View Post
    The "A" file is an Alien file. You're given a number if you're ever caught, put in proceedings, etc. For most members this isn't an issue but if you've ever been "in the system" they want to be sure to check your entire file before making a determination as to whether or not to approve your case.
    So I know that my hubby has an A-file, I did a FOIA and I got the copies from his file and planned on using those as evidence in our packet. Does that mean that we are going to be put in AP regardless? That sucks!!!
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    6 Days 1 Hr 39 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    5 Mins 24 Secs
    My Mood
    Angelic
    hope its going well..keep us posted.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Mins 21 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    I went to Congressman Louie Gohmert's office this morning and told them whats happening in my wife's case. My uncle knows the Congressman personally. They told me they would contact USCIS directly and they assigned a constituent to directly report to me on what he finds.

Not even 1 hour later, I arrive at my house and get a phone call from the constituent assigned to my case and he tells me is glad to be working on this with me and after he gets off the phone with me he is calling USCIS directly to get my wife's case pushed through as quickly as he can.

He said they have a direct line to the Consulate and they have liaisons that they work with directly on cases such as mine.

I hope this works...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information