Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Hr 2 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Secs

DV visa refusal base on education

I went for DV interview and presented all my document. During my first interview, the consular inform me that i should have a high school diploma of which i showed him He later informed me that the embassy would contact me as they are doin administrative processing. After few month, i was called to bring along the seal original high school certifcate of which i did. To my surprise, the consular inform me that i have low grades and he would not issue the visa.

I am a high school graduate and i am now studying business management. i have certificate, diploma and advance diploma in business studies. this is separate from my high school grades.Apart from my high school grades, i am on the verge of completing my graduate diploma. I presented all this certificates and was told only about my high school grades. My point here is, the DV announcement is clear, either high school graduate of equivalent or 2 years work experience. i read no where where they say high school graduates with low marks are not qualified and besides i have much bigger certificates than high school,

I did my interview in senegal and i am sierra leone base in gambia. I want to appeal or make my case be reconsidered becasue i believe i am education qualified. the reeason for my denial is base on my low grades but what about my advance diploma is business studies? so it was not considered at all even though it a london exam.

Please advice what to do?

Gloriosi
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points5000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 14 Hrs 58 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    11 Mins 41 Secs
    There probably isn't much you can do. Winning the DV lottery does not guarantee you a visa, it just puts you in a group where you are allowed to apply for one. If the consulate finds that you don't meet the requirements, it's pretty much game over. I suppose you could speak to an immigration attorney about fighting the consulate's findings, but it would be a longshot at best.
    I am not a lawyer. Anything I post is not - and should not be taken as - legal advice, as I am not qualified to give legal advice. Anything I post is my laymans opinion only. Consult with a qualified immigration lawyer should you require actual legal guidance. Please do not PM me with immigration questions they will not be answered., Ask your questions on the board, as the public question and answer sessions may benefit someone else in the same situation as you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to discoviking For This Useful Post:

Ange (03-10-2011)

Thread Information