Thread: Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico Safety and Hotels

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points5000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 1 Min 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 46 Secs
    My Mood
    In Love

Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico Safety and Hotels

Hello Everyone! Sorry haven't been around in awhile. I need to know if Piedras Negras, Coahila, Mexico is safe to visit right now. I'm finally going to go see hubby after 18 months. He will finally get to meet our son who is 9 months! I'm also bringing our three daughters. I'm just very nervous with all the violence in Mexico right now. I will be driving with my 4 children from Missouri.

I also want to know if they are any good hotels in Piedras Negras. I have found Holiday Inn Express that has an indoor pool. We plan on just staying really close to the hotel.

Thanks for any information!

Salutatorian
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 16 Hrs 21 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Mins 25 Secs
    When my husband was deported in fall 2007 he stayed at la quinta ( its not affiliated with the US la quinta at all btw) in PN and it was nice. I drove down and met him and his friend who was deported with him and we stayed 3 days before he headed to his hometown to stay with his mom. You can drive your car into a fairly protected looking lot and there was a nice pool. we were able to get delivery pizza and my husband says there was a restaurant of sorts there. the room was reayl quite nice for motel rates. it was about 40 bucks a day. the pool like i said was nice and it was very enclosed. there was a small touristy town center that i drove through when i went across initially. It was the 16 de septiembre weekend so there was a little festivity in the air, and we could see firework from the second floor. Anyhow our room had two big beds in it . and was quite pretty. I dont think i have anything with the number on it but it was right down ther street from the movie theatre, which we walked to and saw "Knocked up" at... there was a pollo loco that we went to eat at and some kind of mall that wasn't really much to look at but the tourstiy area ( again 3 yrs ago) had some cute trinkets and stuff to do. it is a bit of a dusty border town tho and the border patrol were a bit nasty on my way back across. i think i lot of people EWI from there so they can be a bt touchy and accusatory but pay them no mind jsut have your paperwork ready and be chill. anyhow I am SOOOOO excited for you. I can't imagine how your husband must feel finally getting to meet the new baby. Please take care. and i imagine it will all be fine. : )

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

btw the drive once you pass San antonio was realyl nice and smooth, the MPH is pretty fast just don't go over bc state troopers are hungry for payoff on those lonely roads ( its the same thing on the way to matamoros), i usually pass like 6 or 7 hidden in the bursh on my way up the austin every time. when you head back to I35 on your way back north, you may want to get directions to head the right way while in Eagle pass ( other side of Piedras negras). maybe bc i was so upset by the CBP at the POE i got mixed up and drove for almost two hours and when i arrived at the inner checkpoint, and the officer asked where i was headed and i said austin, he laughed and they immediately shut my trunk and wer elike, "uhh you know you are headed to laredo right?" lol,, but he was cool and gave me a shortcut to get back to the road to head back towards SA-town ( which hilariously had me drive right past the detention center where my husband had been held, i kid you not). have fun and relax! i havent heard about a lot of crap happening over the way in particular and even in matamoros where its supposed to be like bad, its not like the apocalypse or anything, : )
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2/2000 EWI. U comes to TX
    11/04 Meet at work 10/05 Offic. in Love
    07/07 Engaged : )
    8/07 U deported.
    10/13/08 Married <finally!!!> by proxy!!!!
    1/09Lawyer sent in I-130 form...for the record
    4/09 I-130 Approved but 9c, of course, prevails.
    7/09 Moved down to Mexican Border to be with Hubs
    6/15/10 Baby Alex has arrived : )!!!

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points5000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 1 Min 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 46 Secs
    My Mood
    In Love
    Thank you! I think it will still be cold in March for the outdoor pool I looked at La Quinta and it's pool is outdoors. I think their rate now ia almost $60-$70 a night. Holiday In is like $78. All of us have passports except the baby. Hubby hasn't found anyone to sign the paperwork, he is in the middle of nowhere, so they denied his passport until hubby signs off the paperwork. But I only need his bc to cross the border. We are getting the paperwork notarized when we are there. I was almost scared to go, but we are going! My two oldest haven't seen their step-dad in 2 1/2 years. we will have fun!

Banned
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 4 Hrs 53 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    51 Mins 10 Secs
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Hi Murillo, Soooo nice to see you.....

Valedictorian
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    3 Wks 2 Days 20 Hrs 47 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    24 Mins 14 Secs
    Our oldest son and one of our daughters lives in Piedras Negras, Coahuila. Seems very safe to me, we go often.

Cum Laude
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Days 6 Hrs 26 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Mins 58 Secs
    I have family in acuna who travel to piedras to take their kids to mcdonalds etc. acuna is so small there isnt much for them to do
    APPROVED 06/05/09 thanks to GOD and I2US
    STARTED WITH A LOUSY TEXAS LAW FIRM-FINISHED ON OUR OWN!
    please PM me if you are using a Texas Firm

Salutatorian
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 16 Hrs 21 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Mins 25 Secs
    have a good time. i cross wit my baby all the time and we jsut use his BC, actually i didnt even have that until he was almost 2 months old ( of course then i did get it bc i got a very strong scolding from one of the sterner CBPs at my brdige lol) and jsut used the hospital release papers.... : )

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

also make sure youlooked at the right la quinta, i dunno if there is a chain one too, this was def. an independent little joint.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2/2000 EWI. U comes to TX
    11/04 Meet at work 10/05 Offic. in Love
    07/07 Engaged : )
    8/07 U deported.
    10/13/08 Married <finally!!!> by proxy!!!!
    1/09Lawyer sent in I-130 form...for the record
    4/09 I-130 Approved but 9c, of course, prevails.
    7/09 Moved down to Mexican Border to be with Hubs
    6/15/10 Baby Alex has arrived : )!!!

Thread Information