Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help to do my hardship letter please....

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    17 Hrs 27 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    40 Secs

Need help to do my hardship letter please....

hi everone... i had my first interview last week and i dont have a lawyer to help me do my hardship letter and i am just about to start doing whit my wife.... i saw some of those hardship letter post but my case is kind diferent... i am goin to exlpican fast just so maybe anyone can give some advice.... my wife is braziliam and american.. she were born in brazil and moved do us when she was 2 so she has both braziliam and american passports. she speaks portugues good but she cant write portugues..........is that really matter if she is braziliam and she speak portugues? could they deny my waiver because of that????? for my hardship letter i dont have lot of thing to put... the only thing that i have is my father in law has diabetes and heart problem[he is goin for surgery in 8 to 12 months from now ] and he used have cancer[not anymore] but he still goin on doctor eve 3 months for check up ,,,, is that goin to help if i put that on my letter saying that my wife could not leave in brazil because her father is seek and she has to take care of him ?? the only other thing i am goin to put in letter is that i do have a twin brother that leaves here in us and he is legal[he has green card] and he is my only brother [ i do have 2 sister] maybe i can put in letter how much we are close to each other cause we are twins brothers .... i do a ant and uncle that leaves here and the are also legal maybe i can put that too.....what is guys thing??? ... but those 3 thing is the only thing we have to put in letter...so those reason could help me?? do we have any chance to get approved?just because we are goin to start doing that letter today so i figure you guys can help me....... any advice? thank you guys... ever one in these website been helpin me sooo much.....GOD BLESS WE ALL
    Last edited by jose80; 01-11-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Salutatorian
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    3 Days 23 Hrs 43 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 34 Secs
    so she is a US citizen and applying for you. all the hardships need to be to the US citizen. They do not care if you have a brother here and will miss him. If she is the US citizen you need to show why she can not live in brazil and why she needs you physically with her here in the us. does she go to school? did you help pay bills? have her father write a letter that she needs to stay in the us and what she does to help him, like take him to check ups, take care of him, pay bills for him. If she is the us citizen than she should sit done and brainstorm in all the ways she will be affected. does she have outstanding loans. dangers in brazil due to crimes, poor healthcare, her job her could not be praticed in brazil. She should come to the site and read the example letters and take a few hours to think about all the ways she would be affected without you here and if she went to brazil.
    good luck!
    2/09- Noa2 Approved!
    7/6/09- Visa interview in Rio
    8/26/09- waiver appointment
    3/31/10- wavier approved
    6/10/10- he arrived in the USA

Salutatorian
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 34 Secs
    ok so I read some old post of yours, you have children. so she can write how she needs you here to watch the children while she works, that she wants the children to go to school here when they are older etc.
    2/09- Noa2 Approved!
    3/31/10- wavier approved

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 2 Days 12 Hrs 40 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    9 Mins 22 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    Hi Jose,

Is like nicfaleite said. You have to focus on the US citizen hardships. In you case, your wife.

Based on the tips that you gave to us I would suggest you to:

- Point and prove that her parents live in US and that she is very close to them,
    - Point and prove all the health problems her father have and had, (get all the medical records of him and if possible ask him to write a letter saying about his problems and how important is for him to have his daugther and family next to him).
    - Point and prove the financial hardship she will face without you in US (you can show that to mantain a house, work, take care of the kids... she needs you...)

Does your wife have a job in US? Does she have any health problem?

One more time I reiterate the important one in the waiver letter is your wife... her problems, her hardships... not yours. Donīt waste your time saying about you, ok?!

Good luck friend
    03/11/2007 - Went to US to learn English (using a VWP)
    07/04/2007 - We met each other (and started dating almost two months later)
    06/26/2008 - Left US (voluntary departure due many personal reasons)
    01/14/2010 - During his visits Doug surprised me and my family when he proposed! (What a dream!!!)
    04/10/2010 - We got married (civil wedding)
    04/30/2010 - We sent the documents to USCIS
    05/13/2010 - USCIS receive it (NOA 1)
    07/03/2010 - Our religious wedding (Such a wonderful moment!)
    07/28/2010 - USCIS approval (NOA 2)
    08/20/2010 - Process sent to NVC
    10/13/2010 - NVC ask for two documents that were missing
    10/25/2010 - We sent the missing documents to NVC
    12/03/2010 - Case closed at the NVC
    12/16/2011 - We got the e-mail with our interview schedule to January 12, 2011
    01/06/2011 - Rio's Embassy sent us an e-mail rescheduling our interview to January 19
    01/19/2011 - Both interviews at the same day! (Visa interview at 10am and waiver interview at 1:30pm)
    03/01/2011 - Sent our waiver packet to Rio's Embassy
    03/02/2011 - Rioīs Embassy received our waiver packet
    04/11/2011 - Lima officially received our waiver packet
    08/10/2011 - Received an e-mail informing that our waiver was APPROVED!!!
    08/15/2011 - Received our approval letter (dated on 08/08/2011)
    08/29/2011 - Received an e-mail from Rio asking for the last documents
    08/30/2011 - Sent the last docs to Rio's Embassy
    09/09/2011 - We received my passport and the sealed envelope!
    09/14/2011 - We got home!!!
    09/29/2011 - Got the Green Card in the mail
    10/20/2011 - Got the SSN and renew my driver's licence (Yayy!!! Now I'm all set)

Our GREAT lawyer is LIZZ CANNON lizz@lizzcannonlaw.com
    GOD is always with us!!!

Magna Cum Laude
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,805 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    1 Mth 4 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 18 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    52 Mins 51 Secs
    My Mood
    Busy
    Some other suggestions -

1) Does your wife/kids speak the language enough to live in Brasil? If not, it's a hardship & show how.
    2) Does your wife work in a specialized field that would require more and/or new training in Brasil?
    3) Do any of your kids have educational needs - ADHD, special education, learning disabilities? Can Brasil adequately address those issues?

Remember 4 things: you must show that the hardships pertain to your wife, that she cannot move to Brasil, that she must have you here, and that hardship is determined by the aggregate of everything you address, so list whatever hardships you can prove.
    ~I am not a lawyer~

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    17 Hrs 27 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    40 Secs
    not my wife does not have any heath problem... that is another thing i am worry... my wife is heath and also my child is heath so...... my doesnt go to school but she does work so maybe i can say that she needs me to stay whit my kid as she goes to work right ??? how about my father in law health? is that goin to help??? my wife does not pay for his medicine but she takes care of him and that is why we moved to florida to leave whit than.... so can i put that in letter? is it goin to help because is my wifes father........ thank you for the advice

Magna Cum Laude
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,805 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    1 Mth 4 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 18 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    52 Mins 51 Secs
    My Mood
    Busy
    Answers below...

Quote Originally Posted by jose80 View Post
    not my wife does not have any heath problem... that is another thing i am worry... my wife is heath and also my child is heath so......
    You don't have to have health issues to get approved; many have done so without any. Focus on other hardships.
    my doesnt go to school but she does work so maybe i can say that she needs me to stay whit my kid as she goes to work right ???
    If there is a compelling reason, yes. Can she not afford childcare? Does your family have religious or moral beliefs that would keep you from putting your child in daycare? Does your child have behavioral issues that need special attention? See where I'm going with this? It's a valid argument as long as it can be tied to some hardship your wife would experience.
    how about my father in law health? is that goin to help??? my wife does not pay for his medicine but she takes care of him and that is why we moved to florida to leave whit than.... so can i put that in letter? is it goin to help because is my wifes father........ thank you for the advice
    This is a good arguement, as long as you can prove the level of help she provides. Does she run errands, take them to the doctor, maintain their house, cook, clean, etc etc. Why does your wife have to do it - are there no other family members capable/willing? You can also use this argument as to why she needs you here - do you provide her the time to care for her parents? Do you do handyman work around the house? Do either of her parents need to be lifted (and therefore she needs you)? How much would it cost to hire someone to do this? Why can't your parents pay for that help? I'm just throwing question out to get you thinking....
    ~I am not a lawyer~

Salutatorian
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 34 Secs
    yes It sounds like your father in law needing your wifes help is the strongest hardship as of now. You can not just say it, you need to get a letter from him and his medical records, or a letter from his doctor. If there is any way you have been helping him, moving him when he is sick, watching your child so your wife can spend time with him and help him. definetly have him mention you moved to fl to take care of him.

the small things add up, you have to work with what you have.

what does she do for work? how old is the child? does the child go to daycare or only stays with either of you two.

I used this site to discuss the crime and health issues for visiting/ living in brazil
    http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...72.html#safety

you should come up with 4 or 5 topics to discuss and get goverment sites or documents for each point you are trying to make.

for instance she argues she needs you here to help her financially than show how much she makes all the bills she needs to pay and if you have been working your old pay stubs.

does she have health and dental benefits at her job? she would loose these if she went to brazil and your child would be with out insurance .

ask her to brainstorm for ideas.
    2/09- Noa2 Approved!
    3/31/10- wavier approved

Clarissimi
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 480
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Tagger First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,514 Posts
    Time Online
    3 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 30 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Hr 46 Mins 8 Secs
    My Mood
    Busy
    Most has been said but your wife needs to show that she is working and living here and can't live there. She needs to show that you are needed here to be with the children while she is at work. She can show that she is a caregiver to her father who has an upcoming surgery and will need additional care from her or possibly you. Have you helped care for your father-in-law in the past? If you are here, are you a caregiver for him while everyone else is at work?

Her father should write a letter stating he needs her, and you if you are a caregiver to him, here now to care for him pre-surgery and after as his health will be fail from heart surgery.

Putting in that you moved to Florida to be closer to his father for care is a start for your letter. It will help to show that your wife leaving would be a hardship to her and her father. If you are a caregiver for her father, it is a hardship because other people will have to take on more responsibility.

Please please please remember this letter is about the hardships your wife will have. Everything needs to be about her.
    *Please forgive any errors in punctuation, capitalization, spelling or grammar as I am probably one handed typing holding a baby.*

February 2001 - Hubby entered on B1/B2 visa
    April 6, 2010 - Picked up by ICE
    Jan 17, 2012 - (8 months and 12 days from receipt to approval)
    March 5, 2012 - Back home! (1 year and 11 months after deportation)

G's I-601 and I-212 Timeline

I am NOT a lawyer. Please do not take my word as legal advice.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    17 Hrs 27 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    40 Secs
    my wife works in fast food place and she does not get any benefits and my kid do goes to the school... she is 4 and she only stay there from 9am to 12 i you right my wife needs me to drop her off and pick her up day.... i can put that in my letter.... my wife speaks portugues perfect but she cant write and also she cant read so that is another thing.....so do i have to make my father in law write an letter saying that he needs her over here , that she helps him goes to doctor and stuff like that?? my mother in law works too but sometimes my wife is the one that brings him to doctors? like i said befor my wife does not pay for his medicine but when shes not workin she is whit him all the time.......for us is hard because that is the only thing we have right now to put in my hardship letter you know... i cant lie and put something in letter that its not true and if i dont have lots of proof to put in my letter maybe they will deny my case whitout thing twice ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information