Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I-601 waiver for 10 year ban

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,538 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 22 Hrs 3 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    11 Mins 56 Secs
    If the waiver gets approved he'll get his visa (IR-1 probably) and enter as a permanent resident. There is no immediate adjudication in Panama though, so you need to prepare for the 10ish months. Good luck and work hard on that waiver!!!

Need help?
    Read the guide for legal status for an undocumented significant other and EWI & Bans: What you need to know before you file. Check out the list of Resources for Removal Proceedings.

Need information about the I-601 Waiver proving Extreme Hardship? Read these guides!

Important threads
    *CDJ Interviews & Waiver Appointments* *Refiling After I-601 Denial in CDJ* *CDJ Experiences* *CDJ Referred to the 'Backlog' Waivers* *I-601 Spreadsheet - For all waivers except Mexico*

Before sending private messages, please post your questions on the public forum!

I am NOT an attorney. Nothing I post is legal advice. Please check all information you receive on this forum with a qualified immigration attorney.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    19 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    hi. My hubby is also from Colombia. we filed a waiver and had an approval in less than 2 weeks. we had just hired a new lawyer. I don't know if the fact that my hubby was here had anything to do with it. Another thing, my husband has not been here for 9 years yet. Either way, he has his permanent card and we are going to Colombia on the 7th of November. Yeah!!!!

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,538 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 22 Hrs 3 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    11 Mins 56 Secs
    Zulma - you filed an in-country waiver - that is entirely different! Waivers adjudicated in Panama will not be approved in two weeks without an expedite, and probably not even then. This is a completely different situation.

Need help?
    Read the guide for legal status for an undocumented significant other and EWI & Bans: What you need to know before you file. Check out the list of Resources for Removal Proceedings.

Need information about the I-601 Waiver proving Extreme Hardship? Read these guides!

Important threads
    *CDJ Interviews & Waiver Appointments* *Refiling After I-601 Denial in CDJ* *CDJ Experiences* *CDJ Referred to the 'Backlog' Waivers* *I-601 Spreadsheet - For all waivers except Mexico*

Before sending private messages, please post your questions on the public forum!

I am NOT an attorney. Nothing I post is legal advice. Please check all information you receive on this forum with a qualified immigration attorney.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    yea it take up to 4 week before they give u and appt for u visa in bogota well for me it took 6 week and they will tell u that u need a waiver I601 and 212 for people that over stay then u have to make an appt at the Bogota Embassy to turn u papers becuse they wont take u paper work for the waiver the same day and the only receive papers for waiver on tuesdays at 1pm I i dont know if u husband live in bogota because in my case im in medellin and is more spensive, make sure u have and extra set of original papers because for the waiver they ask u for everyting again because the I601 is going to panama and they dont know anything abouth u case. good look and if u have any questions feel free to ask i all ready went to all tha process and im just waitting for and answer i turn my waiver feb 3rd ok bye and good luck (sorry my englis is not that good)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Day 2 Hrs 29 Mins 37 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 1 Sec
    I was referring to the consular processing packet where we submit all the requested original documents, ie: birth, marriage, police certificates
    Edit:
    angelica,

I know, my husband is in medellin too, and he has to fly to Bogota...what original papers other than the waiver need to be brought when submitting the waiver?
    Last edited by Jmcnav143; 10-23-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Day 13 Hrs 24 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Min 26 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    If your lawyer told you the process is on the spot, I woud be worried. My lawyer knew the process would take up to a year but she didn't know how to put together a good waiver application and we were denied for lack of evidence of extreme hardship. I found this site and reworked my arguments and we are still waiting for an approval. Hope your lawyer is good... but just in case start reading here like crazy.
    Feb-2006 I-130 approved
    May 2007 Hubby returned to Ecuador
    Jun 2007 I-601 submitted in Ecuador
    July 2007 I-601 rec'd by Panama
    Feb 2008 I-601 denied insufficient evidence
    Mar 2008 I-601 appeal submitted
    Jun 2008 Found this site!
    Oct 2008 Sent addl evidence (to AAO Wash, DC)
    Sept. 22, 2010 AAO appeal sustained, waiver APPROVED!!!!!!
    March 16, 2011 Hubby arrives home!

3 years and 10 months of separation...

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    can anyone help me m husband is from venezuela he entered illegally thru mexico back in 2000 when he was 10. we've been married for 2yrs in georgia and have a lil girl and have been told by many lawyers we cant do anything. can someone tell me if i have other options i dont have much money but there has 2 be something i can loose my husband immigration is awful here. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Recommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,702 Times in 3,207 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    2 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 21 Hrs 48 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Hr 8 Mins 20 Secs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    dmg, for the best results, I suggest starting a new thread (click the button in the I-601 Panama section).

In that thread, could you explain ANY interaction your husband has ever had with immigration? Has he ever been detained? Has he ever left the country? Does he have any kind of criminal history?
    Please post your immigration questions on the forum, not in a private message. Always consult an experienced lawyer before filing.
    *If you believe you or someone on your behalf checked the "US Citizen" box on an employment document, please do not send a private message. Talk to a trusted lawyer about what could happen. *
    Getting StartedGetting Legal Status for Your Loved OneWaiver Eligibility
    Recommended Lawyers Visa BulletinHelp from Elected OfficialsTranslations

Consular ProcessKnow before filingSpouse/Fiance Petition Petition Processing TimesNVC Stage Medical/InterviewI-601 WaiverAfter Approval
    Other Routes Adjustment of Status in the US Direct Consular Filing

Living Outside the USLife in MexicoMoving to Canada Moving to Other Countries

Officially banned for life w/no waiver (6cii)- but we don't give up! Read our story
    Lawyers I've worked with and highly recommend: Laurel Scott Laura Fernandez Lizz Cannon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information