Thread: Lone I-212 through San Antonio

Alumni Member
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Lone I-212 through San Antonio

April 23, 2009: I-212 packet was sent from Laurel's office
    April 28, 2009: Receipt of cashed checked was received at Laurel's office
    Note: There was nothing more than a receipt that resembled Something that you would get at a little store from using your credit card.

April 28, 2009-August 28, 2009: Absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!
    August 28, 2009: Laurel receives Approval Notice

I will update this with information as it plays out because we are having a hard time getting an appointment because the people at the call center don't know what they are doing. I think they are treating us as if we had to apply for an I-601 telling we had to go get denied then apply for another appointment for a waiver, even though we have the waiver in our hands.

Alumni Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Timeline for stepdaughter:
    Early 90s: ewi'ed
    late-97: given a notice to appear
    March-98: did not appear because mother had taken her back to Mexico
    2000: Was paroled into the US, returned to Mx when she was done
    2002: I married her mom and applied for I-130, also hired a lawyer (bad lawyer)
    2003: BP officer decided to execute her order of removal, even though he had no legal or moral basis to do so. She did not apply to come in, was not at the border. Her sister was paroled and the officer decided to do both orders of removals. We did not know this had happened until 3 years later, and did not understand what he had done until 6 years later.
    Early 2004: Received approved I-130
    Late 2004: receive appointment date
    Nov 2005: denied at appointment: needed joint financial sponsor, proof of non existence marriage between her mom and her dad, proof that she had never been married, and most of all that she needed an I-212. (we had a bad lawyer)
    Nov 2005-July-2007: hired bad lawyer again (at time did not know that he was bad) and he said that he had done the I-212. We got the evidence of everything they asked for.
    July 2007: bad lawyer sent an incomplete and partially filled out I-212 application for us to take with us to consulate. bad lawyer said that we could answer the rest of the questions at the consulate. No HSL, no supporting evidence, just 1 page of the 2 page application. We had no idea and thought he knew what he was doing.
    July 2007: Denied again because did not have an approved I-212 waiver.
    July 2007-Dec 2008: worked with senator's office to try to understand 1, where we needed to send the I-212 (we were being told by the old lawyer and USCIS that we had to file it at the consulate), 2, why they were saying that she had been deported in 2003 (we had no earthly idea where this came from until a later inquiry from the senator), 3, if that we still needed an I-212 (the guy at the consulate said we would not need one after Oct 2008). Her dad also came around and tried to get her citizenship, but they said that he had to prove with hard evidence where he was living 30 years ago.

Dec 2008: Hired Laurel!!!!!
    Dec -Feb 2008: tried to work on her citizenship, but no supporting evidence from 30 years ago could be found (called IRS, texas DMV, former employers, ect)
    Feb 2008: changed to reworking her I-212, Laurel explained EVERYTHING to us, and cleared up all confusion that the government had caused. She suggested we just apply for the I-212.
    Feb-April: Getting the packet ready
    April 28, 2009: USCIS field office in San Antonio cashed check
    April to Aug: NOTHING AT ALL, no receipt notice, nothing, just waiting
    Aug 28, 2009: USCIS APPROVED HER APPLICATION!!!!!
    Sept 2, 2009: Laurel receives approval notification
    Sept 3, 2009: We call to have appointment made, told a lot of wrong information, but they gave us an appointment,

Now we are just waiting for the appointment letter to arrive. Call center told us it would take 2-3 months; Laurel says we should have the appointment within that time, so here we are just waiting.

Alumni Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Update:

Today, Sept 24, 09, we called the call center to see if the approval had been entered into the system. It had been. It was entered in the day after we last called, so on the fourth.

September 4, 2009- CDJ receives approval notice and enters it into computer.

Thread Information