Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: I-130 Standard Interview Thread

Valedictorian
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 723 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 4 Days 8 Hrs 54 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    14 Mins 38 Secs
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    waitingdreamer:

As long as the approval doesn't effect when your husband gets his interview in Honduras, just take a deep breath and wait. It took me almost 10 month from application to interview then about 3 weeks for approval. I was really frustrated but I had no idea we were ineligible to file the waiver.

You have time, it's all good, it will get approved. This part of the struggle is just paperwork, you will be approved!

The tough approval is for the waivers, right? That is where the subjective nature of immigration rules and law enforcement creep into the picture!!!

We seek solace and comfort with family and caring friends. We will never give in. We will never give up.
    What we want is to live, united, as a family.

Without family, the world is a cold, dark place.

6B family

My husband has been gone since November, 2009. Click to see our timeline.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Days 9 Hrs 57 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    7 Mins 6 Secs
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by waitingdreamer View Post
    Our NOA1 was 10/11/11 and we received notice that our case was transferred to the local office on 4/11/12. I have an interview scheduled 5/23/12 and hope we won't have to wait months for a response. I will be attending the interview alone since my husband was deported 11/28/2008. I'll be sure to post about my interview experience.
    Just want to share my interview experience to give you an idea.
    I was in the immigration officer's office for 40 minutes. But he did not ask a lot of questions. Most of the time he was just flipping the files and typing something in his computer.
    He was confused that my husband was not there with me. I explained that my husband was detained for 2 months before physically removed 5 months ago. He was sincerely concerned. Since he did not have any information about the deportation, he asked me if I have any documents. I said yes and handed him the paper. He was kindly enough to ask me if I have a copy . I did not. So he made one copy and gave me back the original.
    The questions he asked me were very basic: was this my first marriage, was this my husband's first marriage, how did we meet, what do we have in common, and was I aware that he was in removal proceedings prior to our marriage (he jot down some of my answers). That's it.
    Then he asked if I have any documents to proof our relationship. He did not asked anything specific, so I gave him what I brought: our phone records, joint account, joint insurance, e-ticket when I visited my husband, and pictures. He took a quick look and asked me if he could keep the documents and some of the pictures. I said yes. He only took 3 pictures.
    Then he asked me to sign the bona fide marriage exemption form. Proofing that I have submitted all the necessary documents to proof that we have a bona fide marriage.
    At that moment I thought he would tell me to go home and wait for the decision. But then he said this very gently: "Okay, I will approve this today and forward it to the National Visa Center, so you guys can move forward with whatever you guys need to do". I was soooooo happy when I heard that. He gave me the approval notice and asked me if I have any questions. I said no and I thanked him so many times before I left.

That was it. Hope it helps. Good luck with your interview.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluw For This Useful Post:

LilyRtrs (03-23-2013),silverlining (05-07-2012),ullnvrkno (05-12-2012)

Banned
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered1000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    2 Wks 5 Days 2 Hrs 1 Min 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    21 Mins 51 Secs
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I'm glad to see that, bluw. Congrats. How long did it take from your case being transferred, to them letting you know of your date to your actual date?

I'm in store for an interview, too.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    7 Mins 6 Secs
    My Mood
    Sick
    Thank you, Ullnvrkno
    I never received a notice about my case being transferred. I found out when I did second infopass appointment. The lady told me our case was transferred to local office on 12/5/11. She said it could sit up to 6 months in local office.
    I did second service request on 2/27/11. The letter came on 3/13/12, saying that our case is under review, and we should receive a decision within 180 days. However, we received interview notice on 4/10/12 (dated 4/6/12). The interview date is 5/4/12. Normally it takes a month from interview notice to interview date.
    Hope you will get your interview notice soon...

Banned
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered1000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    21 Mins 51 Secs
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    up to 6 months??? I'm trying not to panic... I can't mentally handle this anymore.. lack of sleep from raising an infant by myself and working a full time job... Plus being bipolar/borderline and off meds because I can't afford health insurance... I'm at the edge. I can't even begin to pray because I've been praying for months and this is how it was answered... By having my case be questioned. I just can't...

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Bluw I can't remember, was your husband in the country? Are you a USC or LPR? Is your local office really busy?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    7 Mins 6 Secs
    My Mood
    Sick
    I am USC. My husband was in the country. ICE picked him up 5 months after our NOA1. He was detained for 2 months before physically removed.
    Sorry I did not mean to scare you. Maybe the IO told me 6 months because she did not want to give me a false hope (not sure if they were busy or not - California Service Center).

Based on others' timeline, normally it will not take that long after a case reached local office. When was your case transferred? Our case was transferred 7 months after NOA1. And another 4 months to receive the interview letter.
    So I understand your frustration. I've been there. 3 months after it was transferred, second service request letter came and told us to wait for another 180 days. It was just like you said, praying for months and this is how it was answered..... I stopped hoping, but I kept praying. And hey, 24 days after (instead of 180 days), we got the interview notice.
    If your case has been transferred, you will receive interview notice soon. Hang in there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluw For This Useful Post:

TamHam (05-12-2012)

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    21 Mins 51 Secs
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Bluw I definitely hope your i601 goes quick -- you should be right in front of the lockbox line if you can breeze through NVC!! good luck girl and god speed!!!

My case was transferred on 25 April 2012, but I never received a hard copy -- just email/text. I made an infopass and went to it yesterday. It's at my local office waiting for interview. I left my kid's birth cert w/ my and husband's names on it (didn't have it when we submitted the i130). Said they'd look at my case and if it's easy they'll call me in in the next couple of weeks. If its difficult I'll just have to wait. I'm going through the DC field office in Fairfax, btw. I put in a service request and wrote on it that I requested an expedite due to financial reasons. We'll see what happens. I am thankful to know where it DEFINITELY is though... I got a diff't answer every time I'd call the customer service center.

Anyway, congrats again -- now go get 'em at NVC girl!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ullnvrkno For This Useful Post:

Bluw (05-15-2012)

Valedictorian
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points5000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 666 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 20 Hrs 51 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    16 Mins 4 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    ullnvrkno,
    Any word yet on your case or interview?

I'm in the last stages of preparing for my interview this upcoming Wednesday. I've made two copies of everything and will be bringing the original documents (marriage certificate, birth certificates, joint leases, passport, plane ticket receipts, photos, phone records, joint bank accounts, life insurance beneficiary) as well. Wish me luck! I'll write a report ASAP.
    11/28/08 Husband left the USA
    11/28/13 INA 212(6)(B) 5 year unwaivable ban ended
    12/14/13 Waiver Packet Mailed
    01/29/14 Visa Interview
    07/01/14 601 & 212 Approved
    08/28/14 Husband entered US

Lizz Cannon was our lawyer

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    21 Mins 51 Secs
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by waitingdreamer View Post
    ullnvrkno,
    Any word yet on your case or interview?

I'm in the last stages of preparing for my interview this upcoming Wednesday. I've made two copies of everything and will be bringing the original documents (marriage certificate, birth certificates, joint leases, passport, plane ticket receipts, photos, phone records, joint bank accounts, life insurance beneficiary) as well. Wish me luck! I'll write a report ASAP.
    Oooh that's right your interview IS this wednesday!!! Best of luck and I hope you get approved on the spot!!!!!!

I haven't gotten any word on mine yet other than I received and RFE for our daughter's birth cert and any other evidence I thought was necessary on 5/15. They received it 5/17 (though that wasn't updated in their system)... not sure when/if I'm getting an interview b/c it's been 3 weeks 1 day since they received my case. If I don't hear anything by this Friday I'll make another infopass to ask for/demand an interview.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    21 Mins 51 Secs
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Those who have had interviews BEFORE I-130 approval

I'd like to know the following if any of you are still lurking around:

1.) How long from the day your i-130 was transferred to local office to the time you received a notice that you were being called in for an interview?

2.) How long from that notice until the day of your interview?

3.) Where was your local office?

4.) How long after your interview did it take to hear an approval on your i130?

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread Information