Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About Mr B's phone number.

Site Pixie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First ClassAdminNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    AdminMost Popular
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 805 Posts
    Time Online
    2 Wks 3 Days 3 Hrs 39 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    16 Mins 12 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy

About Mr B's phone number.

A few months ago, the mods went around and deleted Mr B.'s phone number. We went around today and did it again.

It is very important that you guys do NOT call him for case status. That's not what he's here for.

You may be thinking "well, just one phone call isn't going to hurt". It does when there are hundreds thinking the same thing and picking up the phone to call him.

I know you guys are stressed and want answers and have to be separated from your spouses but calling the wrong person will hurt those who legitimately have to contact him.

We've already heard of people who DO have a reason to call him not being able to get through.

Here is the consulate website: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/...consulate.html

Where to start?
    I am a U.S. citizen and my spouse/fiance is or was present Illegally - what do I do?
    All About the I-601: Resources for Proving Extreme Hardship
    EWI (Entering Without Inspection), Bans and more (Spanish Version Included)
    Member Recommended Lawyers

:: My Timeline :: Badrap :: Adopt a pet today and save a life ::

Please do not PM me with immigration questions. Please post on the forum.
    No advice given on this site is to be considered legal advice.
    Please consult with an immigration lawyer.

~ Je parle franšais ~

"And He said, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest' " ~ Exodus 33:14 "

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Good idea.. !! When I see people asking for his number I always think hmm... it should really only be given by PM to those in messy situations like what happened to Auntlily (it was Mr. B she called right?)

Go mods! :thumbsup:
    Edit:
    LOL!! sorry this was tasksgirl again I forget to log out of my husband's account !
    Last edited by Mr.Task; 08-03-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Hr 28 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Task View Post
    Good idea.. !! When I see people asking for his number I always think hmm... it should really only be given by PM to those in messy situations like what happened to Auntlily (it was Mr. B she called right?)

Go mods! :thumbsup:
    Edit:
    LOL!! sorry this was tasksgirl again I forget to log out of my husband's account !
    //I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE TO TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS DECISION//
    when my wife had the problem at her first appointment HE was the one i called, and HE was the one that realized that they made a mistake, and HE was the one that called, apologized, and had her come back ASAP so HE could fix the problem. WHICH HE DID. if i was to pm someone and wait, or call the consulate # and get put off like so many people do, then I would be in jail in MEXICO. INSTEAD I GOT THE # FROM THIS SITE this man is a public servant and is paid to deal with the problems of his office. right or wrong i think the number should be available to anyone who needs it. i would caution against using it friviously but it is not the moderators place to decide whether it is frivilous or not. BY DELETING THIS YOU ALL GO AGAINST WHAT THIS SITE STANDS FOR. (helping those in need) large or small. i am not one to get riled up easily but in this case///SHAME ON YOU/// hope i don't make you all mad but someone has to stick up for the little guy. ////THIS IS AMERICA////
    07/01/08 finished

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MTRACKSPORT For This Useful Post:

theladywaits (01-30-2009)

Site Pixie
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger First ClassAdminNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    AdminMost Popular
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    16 Mins 12 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'm sorry you feel this way but he is NOT the person to call for case status. Period, the end. He is to be contacted for emergencies only.

The thing is that people have been using it "frivolously" as you put it and that's a problem and that's why the number is removed.

There is no need for this kind of lashing Mtrack.

Where to start?
    I am a U.S. citizen and my spouse/fiance is or was present Illegally - what do I do?

~ Je parle franšais ~

"And He said, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest' " ~ Exodus 33:14 "

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,538 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 22 Hrs 3 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    12 Mins 12 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    I'm sorry you feel this way but he is NOT the person to call for case status. Period, the end. He is to be contacted for emergencies only.

The thing is that people have been using it "frivolously" as you put it and that's a problem and that's why the number is removed.

Mtrack - you had a legitimate reason to call Mr. B, but many people on this site, especially newer ones, don't understand the different roles of the Consulate, DHS, etc. If the number is on the site publicly, it will be abused. Let's just say, it has been abused, and now people who actually could benefit from Mr. B's help are having more trouble reaching him because random people are calling him for things that have nothing to do with this department. There are a lot of people on the site who have the number. Waiting 30 minutes for a PM is not going to kill anyone.

Need help?
    Read the guide for legal status for an undocumented significant other and EWI & Bans: What you need to know before you file. Check out the list of Resources for Removal Proceedings.

Need information about the I-601 Waiver proving Extreme Hardship? Read these guides!

Important threads
    *CDJ Interviews & Waiver Appointments* *Refiling After I-601 Denial in CDJ* *CDJ Experiences* *CDJ Referred to the 'Backlog' Waivers* *I-601 Spreadsheet - For all waivers except Mexico*

Before sending private messages, please post your questions on the public forum!

I am NOT an attorney. Nothing I post is legal advice. Please check all information you receive on this forum with a qualified immigration attorney.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Hr 28 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post

//No Lashing intended.// i don't like it when people edit,censor or otherwise take it upon themselves to try to regulate for somebody else. i have fought in EVERY war since VIET-NAM to keep the liberties we have and i can't sit by and see this happen without putting in my views, for better or for worse. if people are afraid to speak out,then so much for Democracy //then so be it/// but i realy think HE will speak up if it becomes a problem. this is not the only source for his number but it sure is handy when you have a problem. i totally agree about using it to check case status but i think that this is not the place to oversee it. (just my thoughts) when they move to the new consulate the number will change anyway
    07/01/08 finished

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MTRACKSPORT For This Useful Post:

theladywaits (01-30-2009)

Site Pixie
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    AdminMost Popular
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    16 Mins 12 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    I know a lot of people don't like censorship but this board is moderated. We have that right and when you signed up and read the rules you knew that.

We can edit anything we feel necessary and Mr B isn't here to say it's a problem but knowing of people who should be able to get through and have been unable to because of the screening taking place makes it a problem.

And because it has become a problem with people calling him for every little thing instead of the numbers they are supposed to call, we have decided to remove his number from the site. We can't stop people from sharing it through pms but we can remove it from the public forums.

It IS about helping people. Having the number allows anyone and everyone to call him and considering him an "inside person" who can help them. That's not what he is here for and because of people calling him over and over weekly or more often, it's nearly impossible for those who do need to call him to get through because of heavy screening.

And because of that, removing the phone number IS helping those who do have a legit reason for contacting him.

Where to start?

~ Je parle franšais ~

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Admin
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    3 Days 11 Hrs 15 Mins 28 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 16 Secs
    My Mood
    Amused
    I don't think there's a problem with giving out the number to people who were given incorrect information or who were denied the ability to file when they shouldn't have been, but it's another thing when you call his office to talk to him if you've been waiting for 2 months not 12 months. We have a really good time line on this site that anyone should be able to figure out when to expect an approval/denial. I don't think people should take advantage of calling his office for every little thing when he has more important things to do besides tell you that your case hasn't been decided yet.

Mtrack your experience is a very good example of a valid reason to call.

People sometimes don't think about the consequences of their actions and many times ruin good things for others.

~Our Journey~

****take nothing I say as LEGAL advice, always consult an attorney ****

Salutatorian
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    2 Hrs 37 Mins 40 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    6 Secs
    I've learned that Alfredo the taxi driver is giving out Mr. B's number. What'll happen is he'll change it and make it even more secret. Mr. B overseas over 100,000 immigrant visa applications per year. And I thought I was busy!
    Immigration law, procedures and processing times change frequently and drastically, often without advanced notice. The older the post, the more likely it is to be inaccurate. Posts as recent as one week old may be out of date. Always consult with a licensed attorney before taking action on your case or departing the US.

My private messaging feature is turned off. If you have questions for me, my free public chat is every Wednesday at 11am Houston time. There's a link on my website www.scottimmigration.net. I've turned off the 'receive friend requests' feature. You're all my friends. I don't play favorites.

Clarissimi
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 1,052 Posts
    Time Online
    8 Hrs 16 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    19 Secs
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Wow.... not good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast