Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Approval Green Card & Social Security Card Timeline and Discussion Thread

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    11 Hrs 23 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    36 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    yes Demetre I paid the visa fee before hubby crossed the border. We got his social card but we are waiting on visa hopefully it will only be a month.

Magna Cum Laude
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience PointsOverdrive1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,944 Posts
    Time Online
    2 Mths 1 Wk 21 Hrs 10 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Hrs 20 Mins 7 Secs
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Shouldn't be too long! Good luck!
    *My husband (I2US member JLAB) EWI from Mexico in 1991. We married in January 2011, and immediately filed the I-130. It was approved in July, and we proceeded to NVC processing in August. His visa interview was February 9th, 2011 in CDJ. We filed our waiver through the NSC/Lockbox on July 19th, and it was approved in less than a month on August 15th! He received his visa August 31st, and he was home September 1st! See my Approved HSL in post #3, posted by my husband, JLAB.*

*While we did not use an attorney, we did consult with one initially. We were successful, but always be cautious and consult with an experienced, recommended attorney before taking any action on your case.*

My Favorite Links
    Intros & Signatures
    All About I-601's
    Outline of the Waiver Process
    Laurel Scott's I-601 Memo

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Days 9 Hrs 57 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    8 Mins 14 Secs
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by peressaulo View Post
    Hi jammarek,
    My case changed to optimized on September 9th, and I am still waiting for the GC. It takes more than a couple of weeks! Just wanted to let you know!
    Hi Peressaulo, any news yet? My husband's case changed to optimized on October 16th, I tracked it on USCIS website and still says initial review

"Your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was accepted and is being processed at our intake processing center...."

We paid the fee 3 weeks before husband entered US. Got the SS card about 1 week after he entered. Just wondering how long will it take from Optimized to Case Closed. We need GC to apply for DL.

My husband went to DMV and showed them the stamped passport. They told him that they need the GC to issue / renew his DL (He had legitimate DL before) We were hoping we could just renew it. But DMV insisted they need the GC

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    2 Wks 4 Days 3 Hrs 2 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    48 Mins 22 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    Update: So yesterday was my birthday and just like we hoped, my green card arrived!!! Best birthday present ever!!!
    I wish I had known that the passport size pictures I brought to the interview would be used for the green card LOL

Visa Interview: Sept 19th
    Entry Date: Sept 24th via Zaragoza bridge CDJ Mexico
    Green Card received: Oct 23rd
    2003 Aug - I EWI
    2007 Nov - Met hubby
    2009 Jun - Got married
    2011 Oct - Sent I-130 also hired Laura Fernandez to file I-601
    2012 Apr - i-130 Approved!
    2013 Mar 5 - Sent I-601a, March 6 received Lockbox Receipt
    Apr 15 Biometrics done
    May 08 Received RFE
    Jun 14 I601a APPROVED!!
    Sep 19 Visa Interview in CDJ - Visa approved!! - Sept 23 got waybill - Sep 24 picked up Visa and drove back home POE CDJ Zaragoza bridge
    Sep 26 passed driving test and received AZ driver's license valid for 1 year

Oct 23 Received Green Card
    Oct 26 received SS card

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrstribble For This Useful Post:

Dobbin (10-30-2013),dreamer2 (12-14-2013),FaithinGodalways (10-25-2013),hellorebecca (10-24-2013)

Salutatorian
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Your first Group1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassThree Friends
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 524 Posts
    Time Online
    2 Wks 3 Days 10 Hrs 47 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    26 Mins 25 Secs
    My Mood
    Amazed

Checking status of GC?

Awesome MrsT!
    Click to view my timeline

Note to self: To edit signature, go to top left and click Forum Actions > General Settings > click Edit Signature in the left nav

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hellorebecca For This Useful Post:

Mrstribble (10-26-2013)

Magna Cum Laude
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience PointsOverdrive1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,944 Posts
    Time Online
    2 Mths 1 Wk 21 Hrs 10 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    2 Hrs 20 Mins 7 Secs
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Aww what a great birthday present!! Finally finally finally!
    *My husband (I2US member JLAB) EWI from Mexico in 1991. We married in January 2011, and immediately filed the I-130. It was approved in July, and we proceeded to NVC processing in August. His visa interview was February 9th, 2011 in CDJ. We filed our waiver through the NSC/Lockbox on July 19th, and it was approved in less than a month on August 15th! He received his visa August 31st, and he was home September 1st! See my Approved HSL in post #3, posted by my husband, JLAB.*

*While we did not use an attorney, we did consult with one initially. We were successful, but always be cautious and consult with an experienced, recommended attorney before taking any action on your case.*

My Favorite Links
    Intros & Signatures
    All About I-601's
    Outline of the Waiver Process
    Laurel Scott's I-601 Memo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Demetre For This Useful Post:

Mrstribble (10-26-2013)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Day 23 Hrs 12 Mins 7 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    6 Mins 14 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluw View Post
    Hi Peressaulo, any news yet? My husband's case changed to optimized on October 16th, I tracked it on USCIS website and still says initial review

"Your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was accepted and is being processed at our intake processing center...."

We paid the fee 3 weeks before husband entered US. Got the SS card about 1 week after he entered. Just wondering how long will it take from Optimized to Case Closed. We need GC to apply for DL.

My husband went to DMV and showed them the stamped passport. They told him that they need the GC to issue / renew his DL (He had legitimate DL before) We were hoping we could just renew it. But DMV insisted they need the GC
    Hi Bluw,
    nothing yet! I called USCIS this week, and a tier 2 officer told me that he is gonna look into my case, to see why it's taking so long. He said that everything is all right with my documents, and they don't need anything else from me. So, what a heck is taking so long? only God knows!! He said I should hear from them in 2 weeks.
    About your case with DMV, i think you should try again with a different person or even a different DMV; sometimes there are people who are not willing to help!! The passport should be enough, because it states on the visa, "upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year". The code I-551 actually means the green card and it definitely should not prevent you from doing anything that requires the display of the GC. I am passing on to you what i actually heard from the USCIS officer!! It replaces it for 1 year! I didn't have a DL before, but i went to the DMV with my passport and SSC and other things that are required, such as phone bill, credit card..., and i was able to get my learner permit. I am already schedule to go take the road test monday and get the DV.
    Anyway, i wish you good luck!!
    "Faith can give us courage to face the uncertainties of the future. It will give our tired feet new strength as we continue our forward stride toward the city of freedom. When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds and our nights become darker than a thousand midnights, we will know that we are living in the creative turmoil of a genuine civilization struggling to be born."
    - Martin Luther King Jr.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peressaulo For This Useful Post:

GenCar1972 (10-30-2013)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Days 9 Hrs 57 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    8 Mins 14 Secs
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by peressaulo View Post
    Hi Bluw,
    nothing yet! I called USCIS this week, and a tier 2 officer told me that he is gonna look into my case, to see why it's taking so long. He said that everything is all right with my documents, and they don't need anything else from me. So, what a heck is taking so long? only God knows!! He said I should hear from them in 2 weeks.
    About your case with DMV, i think you should try again with a different person or even a different DMV; sometimes there are people who are not willing to help!! The passport should be enough, because it states on the visa, "upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year". The code I-551 actually means the green card and it definitely should not prevent you from doing anything that requires the display of the GC. I am passing on to you what i actually heard from the USCIS officer!! It replaces it for 1 year! I didn't have a DL before, but i went to the DMV with my passport and SSC and other things that are required, such as phone bill, credit card..., and i was able to get my learner permit. I am already schedule to go take the road test monday and get the DV.
    Anyway, i wish you good luck!!

Hi Peressaulo, sorry to hear that you have not received your GC yet. Hopefully you will receive it soon.

I will ask my husband to go to other DMV and try again. Thanks for the information

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    6 Days 12 Hrs 48 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    21 Mins 6 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Nuņez View Post
    DID HE GO TO THE OFFICE OR did THEY MAIL IT TO HIM
    They mailed it.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    6 Days 12 Hrs 48 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    21 Mins 6 Secs
    I was told that a few folks have received a new A number when they got their visas. I am not sure what happens if you pay the $165 fee with your old number but I think I know why some folks got different A numbers. When we filed the provisional waivers, we all got an A number assigned on the receipt. When we did the NVC process, we put down the A number on the DS230 from the PW and then the NVC used that same number to issue the visa. If you did not disclose your A number to the NVC, then they assigned you a new one.

My question is - for those who got new A numbers assigned, did you give your A number to the NVC or you left the spot blank? Originally, my attorney did not put the A number on the NVC form but I added it subsequently before I e-filed the form.

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread Information