Page 1 of 109 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: I-601 Lockbox/NSC Discussion and Information (part 7)

administradora
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entry1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!OverdriveTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Most PopularAdmin
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,592 Times in 4,929 Posts
    Time Online
    2 Mths 3 Wks 2 Hrs 44 Mins 37 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Hr 22 Mins 7 Secs

I-601 Lockbox/NSC Discussion and Information (part 7)

It is time for a new thread! Part 6 is here.

Please post your timeline in this thread: I-601 LOCKBOX/NSC TIMELINES

Please see the timeline spreadsheet here: I-601 LOCKBOX/NSC SPREADSHEET

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read everything below. There are filing instructions from USCIS and other important information that will be helpful to you.

What is the lockbox? It's a nickname for centralized waiver filing. Foreign consulates will no longer adjudicate I-601 waivers. Most waivers from all over the world will now be adjudicated in the US at the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). The waiver is first sent to a lockbox in Phoenix and then sent to the NSC for waiver processing. Please continue reading for filing directions and information.

MOST IMPORTANT:

- NSC EMAIL: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

- ESTIMATED PROCESSING TIME: 3-4 months.

Please note that only recently the NSC replied to a processing time email that says to allow 90-120 days of processing time for I-601 waivers.

On the stakeholder's call on 11/13/12, USCIS still maintained that their processing time goal is 3 months. The goal remains the same despite the expected workload increase starting in December. Please monitor the spreadsheet for what is going on with I2US users.

- *NEW* - HOW TO CHECK VISA ISSUANCE STATUS AFTER WAIVER APPROVAL:

PLEASE CLICK HERE

- THIS IS NOT THE PROVISIONAL WAIVER PROCESS. THE PROVISIONAL WAIVER DOES NOT EXIST YET:

The final rule of this program was published on 01/02/2013. USCIS will accept I-601A waivers starting March 4, 2013. This lockbox thread is not for provisional waivers. Please see Provisional Waiver discussion here.

- NOTIFICATION RECEIPT TIMES/CASE UPDATE TIMES:

It may take up to 2-4 business weeks for cases to update officially online and/or receive something by mail.

If you sent a G-1145 to receive electronic case updates, please allow 2-4 weeks for the first case update. Most updates happen more quickly than this, but it can take some time before the most recent case information is available online.

To view what notification updates may looks like, please click here and scroll down to the notification section.

- REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE (RFE):

Please do not panic if your receive a RFE. It is not a case denial. A RFE means the NSC adjudicator (or the lockbox official) needs evidence to continue processing your case. The NSC may do this to avoid denying your case without warning, as was common with many consulates in the past

Your RFE will be very specific and unique to your case. Your RFE may be similar to someone else's RFE, but is not going to be an automatic/generalized request and should not match someone else's RFE. Please do not rely on someone else's RFE to "get ahead" in an effort to anticipate what your RFE requests. Please try to wait for your RFE so you know exactly what you need for your case. Usually you have 30-60 days to provide additional evidence, but please wait for your personal RFE to inform you. Do your best to provide exactly what the RFE says within the time given.

Most common reasons for RFEs:

• missing signatures - (may come from either the lockbox or NSC)
    • missing fees - (will only come from the lockbox)
    • evidence is too old - (applies especially to medical evidence)
    • missing hardship evidence
    • missing police reports for cases with criminal history
    • missing I-212 waiver - (if applicable)

- I-601 DECISIONS:

These will be sent electronically on a spreadsheet weekly to consulates and multiple times a week for Juarez cases.

- CONSULAR VISA INTERVIEW AND VISA ISSUANCE AFTER WAIVER APPROVAL:

DOS processes will not change. The applicant must be found ineligible by DOS officer before I-601 can be filed. If no inadmissibility has been found/applicant has not interviewed, the I-601 waiver cannot be filed.

How quickly the visa is issued after approval depends on case loads at the consulates.

According the March stakeholder's call, visa issuance may take 6-10 weeks. This processing time is a DOS issue, not a USCIS issue as long as USCIS sends the case updates promptly.

- DO NOT FILE I-130 CONCURRENTLY WITH I-601 WAIVER:

The I-130 must be processed as usual per the usual instructions and lockboxes. The I-601 will be rejected if the consulate has not found the applicant inadmissible yet.

LOCKBOX INFORMATION:

LOCKBOX WILL ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING FORMS:

- I-601
    - I-212 (if associated with I-601)
    - I-290B (if associated with I-601 and denied by NSC)

- Use forms online because those are most recent forms

- G-1145 should be included with I-601 or I-212 and text/email updates should be provided
    - Please send a G-325A, even if the USCIS directions don't officially include that.

- Forms are requested to be organized in this order: 1) G-28, 2) I-601, 3) supporting documents

- Lockbox filing is not required for residents of Cuba, just optional due to mail service problems.

- 80% of applications are processed within 48 hours.

- Over 6300 I-601 waivers have been received at the lockbox and close to 1000 I-212 waivers have been received.

- Before sending a waiver, please make sure your case is still active at the consulate if it has been over 12 months since your last visa interview.

- Please consider sending the visa rejection form the applicant receives after a visa interview. Some people have received a RFE for it, but this has not been consistent. A RFE is Request For Evidence and can cause case delays. A RFE may also be requested by the NSC, not just the lockbox staff.

- Main rejection reasons: incorrect or missing fees, lack of signatures, missing required information (e.g. name, address, DOB)

- Lockboxsupport@dhs.gov for problems. Please include receipt number in email.

NSC FACTS:

- 12 adjudicators were trained and will start working immediately.

- According to the stakeholder's call, the NSC will be hiring more adjudicators. The number from May's call was 18, but no number was said to be announced in November's call, or when the new adjudicators may be starting.

- test cases and practice started in April

- 300 test cases were processed within 4 weeks of receipt. Additional 1000 practice cases were later sent to NSC and are still processing.

- Follow received RFE instructions. Do not send evidence to NSC if not instructed to do so.

- I-290B has to be filed with office that denied waiver.

- MTR processing time goal has always been 45 days.

NSC email: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

National Customer Service Number: 1-800-375-5283

EXPEDITES:

Urgent I-601 expedite may still be filed through a foreign consulate ONLY WHERE USCIS HAS AN OFFICE at the discretion of USCIS officer at consulate.

All other expedites will be filed through the lockbox.

What qualifies as an expedite?

EXAMPLE:

The consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil does not have a USCIS office. Expedites from Brazil need to be filed through the lockbox.

The consulate in Lima, Peru has a USCIS office and may accept an expedite request at the officer's discretion. This is only an option for people who go to the Lima office in person.

UPCOMING THREAD UPDATES:

- Additional NSC contact information.

We are working on adding email addresses and other contact information. If you have contact information not available from the USCIS website, please post it here so we can add it to this post.

- Additional notification update information.

We are also working on gathering notifications updates and what they say or look like. If you have one you would like to share, please post it in this thread. There is a list of notifications in the timelines thread.

DEC 5 FILING INFORMATION UPDATE FROM USCIS:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

When to File a Form I-601 with a Lockbox Facility

If you are seeking to obtain a waiver for a ground of inadmissibility, you must file with the USCIS Lockbox facility. There are certain exceptions, please see "Exceptions to Filing with a Lockbox Facility" below.

If you are outside the United States and a Department of State consular officer has already interviewed you at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and determined that you are ineligible for an immigrant visa based on a ground of inadmissibility, the consulate will give you a refusal notice. The refusal notice indicates the ground of visa ineligibility and whether you may be eligible to apply for a waiver. If the notice indicates you are eligible to apply for a waiver, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601 with the Lockbox.

See the Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility page for information on where to file.

G-1145 Instructions

Lockbox Filing Tips

Exceptions to Filing with a Lockbox Facility

The following exceptions apply to filing Form I-601 with the Lockbox facility:

Until December 4, 2012, individuals who are processing their immigrant visa applications through the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, may file their I-601 applications with the Lockbox facility or at the USCIS Ciudad Juarez Field Office.
    Individuals in Cuba will continue to file their Form I-601 applications at the USCIS Havana Field Office due to mailing restrictions.
    USCIS international offices may allow applicants to file directly with a USCIS office outside the United States in certain cases for exceptional and compelling circumstances.

Additional information about the exceptions to domestic filing is located on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/i601centralizationexceptions.

If You Already Filed a Form I-601 in Person at a USCIS International Field Office

If you already filed a Form I-601 at a USCIS international office, you do not need to file a new Form I-601 at the Lockbox facility. However, if you choose to file a new Form I-601 at the Lockbox facility and you still have a Form I-601 pending with a USCIS international field office, USCIS will transfer the application pending with the international office to the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). The NSC will combine the two applications and process them. Filing a new application with the Lockbox will not necessarily result in faster processing for an application that is pending with an international office.

If you file duplicate applications with a USCIS international field office and the Lockbox facility USCIS will transfer the application pending with the international office to the Nebraska Service Center, where the two applications will be combined for processing.

If a Period of Time of a Year or Longer Has Elapsed since a Consular Officer Found You Inadmissible

You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to make sure that your visa application is still open before you file a Form I-601 at the Lockbox facility. If your visa application is still open and your Form I-601 is approved, you may need to update certain documents associated with your visa processing if they have expired.

Evidence to Submit for Form I-601

Depending on the type of waiver, the type of evidence you submit will vary. The Form I-601 is used to request waivers for a number of different visa ineligibility grounds. In support of your application, you should provide evidence that shows why you may qualify for a waiver of inadmissibility.

If your medical exam or police clearance letter are outdated, USCIS does not require you to present an updated medical exam or police clearance letter before filing your Form I-601 with the Lockbox. However, if the U.S. Embassy or Consulate requires you to resubmit certain documents to show visa eligibility, you must comply with the consulate’s request before the U.S. Embassy or Consulate will issue your visa.

Please refer to the form instructions for specific requirements for each waiver. The form and instructions are available at www.uscis.gov/i-601.

If You Already Have a Pending Appeal Regarding a Previously Denied Form I-601

If your previously filed Form I-601 was denied and you have an appeal pending review by the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), you are not required to file a new Form I-601 with the Lockbox. However, you are also not prohibited from filing a new Form I-601 with the Lockbox if you wish to do so.

Filing a Form I-601 with the Lockbox if Your Previously Filed Form I-601 is Denied

USCIS does not place a restriction on the number of times you may file a Form I-601. When you submit those documents, you should present a copy of your waiver approval as evidence that USCIS waived the prior visa ineligibility.

Form I-601 Processing

The USCIS Lockbox facility will transfer all Form I-601 applications submitted by international filers to the USCIS Nebraska Service Center (NSC) for adjudication.

You will receive a receipt notice that contains a USCIS receipt number associated with your Form I-601 application. You may check the status of your Form I-601 application online by entering the USCIS receipt number into the “Case Status” field located on the USCIS home page. Also, when the NSC makes a decision on your application, the NSC will send you a decision notice at the address you provided on your Form I-601 application.

If Your Form I-601 Application is Approved

If your Form I-601 application is approved, the NSC will notify Department of State consular staff at the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate of the decision, and provide the specific visa ineligibility ground(s) that have been waived. Once the consular staff receive this notification, they will contact you regarding issuance of the visa.

If it has been a long time since your visa interview, the consulate may require you to resubmit certain documents or reappear for another interview to verify that you are still eligible for a visa.

If Your Form I-601 Application is Denied

If your Form I-601 application is denied, you will receive a denial notice at the address you provided on your Form I-601 application. You may appeal the decision within 30 days by filing Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion. The denial notice will provide instructions for submitting Form I-290B.

Requests to Expedite Form I-601 Processing

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have urgent and compelling reasons, at the time of filing you may attach a written request to have your application expedited. If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center directly by email or by contacting the USCIS National Customer Service Center by phone. See information on how to contact us at the Nebraska Service Center or the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

If the application has already been submitted, you may send your request to the office by post office or email ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov .

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!VeteranThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Days 7 Hrs 57 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    5 Mins 23 Secs
    We need approvals today!!
    Last edited by choyaed; 02-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    “This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there.” Edward M. Kennedy,

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to choyaed For This Useful Post:

checcofavl (02-25-2013),dianarivera77 (02-25-2013),fortal (02-25-2013),madss (02-25-2013)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 7 Hrs 4 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    9 Mins 31 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by choyaed View Post
    We need approvals today!!
    yes we do!!!!!! are u italian?

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 7 Hrs 4 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    9 Mins 31 Secs
    looks like Nebraska is really working on october waiver.....on the facebook page someone just got approved from october 22

6. The Following User Says Thank You to checcofavl For This Useful Post:

dianarivera77 (02-25-2013)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryNew Achievement!Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    2 Wks 10 Hrs 18 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    30 Mins 49 Secs
    My Mood
    Question
    Two approvals on fb Group from September 14th and October 22th :0)

Isaiah 40:31

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fortal For This Useful Post:

dianarivera77 (02-25-2013),dionne23 (02-25-2013),madss (02-25-2013),ptl2013 (02-25-2013),ullnvrkno (02-25-2013)

Banned
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered1000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    2 Wks 5 Days 2 Hrs 1 Min 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    27 Mins 4 Secs
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    So for real USCIS will be affected by sequestration????? I was all "yayyy that means my commute will be 30 minutes each way instead of 45-60!" But now I'm all ""

"While USCIS is also slated to lose funding, most of its budget comes from fees collected for processing various applications and services, so the impact to USCIS should not be as significant compared to ICE or CBP. However, even if USCIS does not suffer directly from the cuts, the magnitude of the cuts and the fact that other related agencies are affected is likely to affect at least somewhat USCIS operations. For example, of CBP has to furlough some of its workforce, it may take longer to cross through certain border posts and it may be more difficult to obtain immigration-related benefits by CBP – such as I-94 processing, corrections, FOIA requests."
    http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2013/...ing-sequester/

Wait now I'm all "" again

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    6 Days 6 Hrs 58 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    6 Mins 22 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    Do you all think the guys are working on October waivers? Or they are randomly?

Magnifici
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    The TC, MN-USA//San Juan Ostuncalco--Guate
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    3 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 17 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    29 Mins 21 Secs
    My Mood
    Pensive

I-601 Lockbox/NSC Discussion and Information (part 7)

I am hoping that chronologically they have gotten to October and the approvals we are seeing are "simple cases" so to speak meaning cases that don't have any mitigating factors besides either an EWI or an overstay and/or cases that do not require an RFE and the cases that are still left from previous months are cases with mitigating factors and/or require RFEs. But that is just a hopeful October filer talking
    *Disclaimer* I am not a lawyer and any advice and/or opinions expressed should not be considered legal advice.

"he stayed firm as if seeing him who is invisible."
    "porque se mantuvo firme como viendo al Invisible. "
    "kub' twab'a'ntib' b'a'nxi'x naku'j in ka'yink teju' Dyos min q'ancha'l."
    "e perseverou, porque via aquele que é invisível."
    (Heb. 11:27)
    12/07--- met my husband
    08/09---married the love of my life
    09/12---returned to Guatemala with my husband
    10/12---embassy interview and file waiver
    04/13---waiver approved!!!!
    05/13---husband returns home as a LPR

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ashleyclaire For This Useful Post:

checcofavl (02-25-2013),dianarivera77 (02-25-2013),ptl2013 (02-25-2013)

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    6 Days 6 Hrs 58 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    6 Mins 22 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    I still have a quite long way ahead of me...They received my Waiver on the 28th of January...

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    3 Wks 1 Hr 23 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    36 Mins 18 Secs
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilas View Post
    I still have a quite long way ahead of me...They received my Waiver on the 28th of January...
    me too!!!

Page 1 of 109 1236 ... LastLast

Thread Information