Thanks
    Time Online
    3 Days 14 Hrs 43 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Mins 49 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved

Referred: Please review this letter

So my husband was referred and so im going to submit a letter to brief the additional evidence im sending in. Please review my letter and tell me what you think. This is not our hsl, just a brief for additional evidence...

To whom it may concern,

The following are briefs and additional evidence of hardship that I, *** ***, and our children, all of whom are US citizens, would face if my husband is not permitted to rejoin us in the US and we were forced to relocate.

Presence of Qualifying Relative’s Ties to the US
    I, *** ***, was born in the US, as were all of my family members. I currently live with my mother and step-father in the US. Being separated from my family would be very devastating to my family, many of whom have medical conditions.

My mother suffers from Depression and must take medication on a regular bases. Also, while working, my mother pulled a disk in her neck and shoulder causing nerve damage that has been unresponsive to medications, and may have to undergo surgery.

My step-father suffers from reoccurring seizures, must sleep on oxygen and is currently undergoing procedures that are reviling significant health conditions.

Because I live with them, I am able to insure that they are each getting the proper care. I help to monitor medication, and take care of my two siblings. One of whom suffers from Anxiety, Depression, and ADD, all of which she takes medication for. These health conditions are current, and my parents both suffer the risk of more serious conditions such as high blood pressure, heart diseases, and diabetes do to family medical history. Do to these circumstances it would be extremely hard for me to have to relocate the US and be separated from my family. With my husband here, we had always been able to be here for my family in any instant that arose.

Conditions in the Country to Which the Qualifying Relative Would Relocate
    Conditions in Mexico are getting worse, with the severity of drug and gang violence rising. Having small US children in Mexico makes them an easy target for kidnappers. As a parent I fear for the safety of my children.

Financial Impact of Departure from the US
    In the US I have a stable job working as a Certified Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist at Barton Memorial Hospital. Here I am able to support my family with my income. If I were to relocate to Mexico, it would be impossible for me to perform this job. In Mexico, a licensing is not required for my position, which means that anyone can do it with training and any employer would hire a Mexican Citizen to do it.

I also do not speak any Spanish, so it would be impossible for me to be able to communicate with employers, co-workers, and clients.

Being that I am currently pregnant, I will only be able to work a few more months before I give birth. After I give birth I will have 6 weeks of Maternity Leave and then be expected back at work. I will be unable to work and properly care for our two children. My position calls for 10-hour shifts, usually between 5am-3:30pm and 10am-8:30pm; based on my hours, I am unable to even find childcare for my daughter, and to put two children through daycare will impact us dramatically financially and I will be unable to afford basic necessities for our children.

Significant Conditions of Health
    It would be an extreme hardship to leave my family based on their medical conditions; please refer to “Qualifying Relative’s Ties to US”.

In the past I have had to undergo two surgeries. One was to remove my gallbladder after a gallstone had caused a block to my liver, causing it to fail. The other was a twin Ectopic pregnancy where my husband and I lost two babies after my fallopian tube tore and caused significant hemorrhaging. Due to the gallbladder surgery, my stomach is sensitive to particular foods and causes me a lot of pain if I don’t follow a strict diet. The Ectopic pregnancy has left an emotional mark on my husband and myself.
    12/27/11- I-130 Petition sent to Mexico city, Filing DCF
    01/04/12- Petition Approved! (My B-day!)
    01/24/12- Recieved Packet 3/Letter (Our little girl's b-day)
    03/15/12- Visa Appointment; Approved to make waiver appt
    03/18/12- Waiver Appointmnet scheduled for 5/16/12
    03/22/12- Waiver Appointment re-scheduled for April 2nd!
    04/02/12- Waiver Appointment
    05/10/12- Waybill # Appears
    05/11/12- Referred (April 30, 2012)
    07/09/12- Sent in Additional Evidence
    07/15/12- Moved back to Mexico to be with hubby
    08/28/12- Had our baby girl!

Approved!!! ------10/01/12! Dated 09/27/12!

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 15 Hrs 35 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    18 Mins 33 Secs
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Remove the whole thing about being FORCED to move to mexico. And go into detail and what would happen if your husband cant come here.
    Example- childcare. Due to my husband being absent I will soon have to pay for child care. This costs $27.00 day. The monthly total for childcare in one month would be $540 per child.
    provide proof!
    It needs work but its not impossible.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Wait. I just read that this is not a hardship letter? I would still form it that way with hard evidence. Do a break down of your hardships and the impact of moving to the other country versus staying here without your hubby.
    Husband EWI may 2006
    Married July 2009
    March 2010- Sent in I-30
    October 2010 I-30- Approved
    August 2011 NVC case closed
    Nov 4 2011- denied visa- told to do i-601
    March 6 2012- Turned in I-601
    June 25 Expedite & waiver Approved
    July 26 Landed in the USA
    July 26 2013--- Filed for Divorce

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AvilesW For This Useful Post:

lsanchez124 (05-11-2012)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Mins 49 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    ok Thank you, I actually revised it more because i found out i should make it like the hsl. So this is the letter:

USCIS
    P.O. BOX 9896
    El Paso, TX 79995

Name: ****
    Case Number: **

To whom it may concern,

The following are the hardships and additional evidence that I, ***, and our children, all of whom are US citizens, would face if my husband is not permitted to rejoin us in the US and we were forced to relocate.

Our Family Background
    I met my husband, ****, for the first time in the summer of 2006 and we quickly became friends. We spent many months chatting back and forth on myspace, both too nervous to ask the other out on a date. Then on April 6th 2007, **** asked me out, and I said yes. From then on we did everything together, and when we weren’t together we would be on the phone for hours at a time. **** told me about his unlawful presence in the United States a couple months after we had been dating, but I told him that I didn’t care, that I loved him no matter what. **** is inadmissible because he came into the United States as a child and overstayed past his 18th birthday. **** and I were engaged in June 2008; we found out a week later that I was pregnant. I gave birth to our daughter, *, a U.S. citizen, in South Lake Tahoe California on January 24th 2009. We were married April 7th 2009. We made plans for us to go to Mexico so that we could proceed with the paperwork to legalize him, we assumed that this was the best way for us to be together as a family again without worries of a deportation. ****, our daughter, and I entered Mexico on September 3rd 2011. Our daughter and I returned to the United States on December 25th, 2011, so that I could continue working while filing my husband‘s paperwork. Shortly after arriving I found that we are expecting our second child. I love my husband very much, and want him home so that we may continue our lives together as a family.

Presence of Qualifying Relative’s Ties to the US
    I, ***, was born and raised in the United States, and all of my family is here. I currently live with my mother, step-father, and two younger siblings in the US. Being separated from my family would be very devastating to myself and my family, many of whom have medical conditions.

My mother suffers from Depression and must take medication on a regular bases. Also, while working, my mother pulled a disk in her neck and shoulder causing nerve damage that has been unresponsive to medications, and she may have to undergo surgery.

My step-father suffers from reoccurring seizures, must sleep on oxygen and is currently undergoing procedures that are reviling significant health conditions.

Because I live with them, I am able to insure that they are each getting the proper care. I help to monitor medication, and take care of my two siblings. One of whom suffers from Anxiety, Depression, and ADD, all of which she takes medication for. These health conditions are current, and my parents both suffer the risk of more serious conditions such as high blood pressure, heart diseases, and diabetes do to family medical history. Due to these circumstances it would be extremely hard for me to have to relocate from the US and be separated from my family. With my husband here, we had always been able to be here for my family in any instant that arose.

Visiting or making phone calls to my family would be very expensive if I were to live in Mexico. The cost of plane tickets for my daughter and myself range from $1000-1400 roundtrip, we would be unable to afford this with my husband’s Mexican salary and with a new baby. If any emergencies or deaths occurred in my family, I would be unable to go because of the costs. Current medical conditions prevent my family from visiting us in Mexico because it would put a strain on their finances and health. If they were able to visit, my mother would have to pay for four round trip tickets and get passports to be able to see us.

Adult Passport: $100
    Child Passport: $85
    One round-trip Plane ticket: $600

Conditions in the Country to Which the Qualifying Relative Would Relocate
    Conditions in Mexico are getting worse, with the severity of drug and gang violence rising. Having small US children in Mexico makes them an easy target for kidnappers. As a parent I fear for the safety for my children.

Our daughter, *, as a United States citizen, should have the right to a
    proper education. There are so many opportunities in the United States for a good education. In Mexico the school life expectancy for females is 12.5 years. This is common in many areas of Mexico, because many children must quit school in order to help there parents earn money. We want our children to be able have a proper education so that they may lead successful lives. We would have to send our children to a private school for them to get the desired education; many of the public schools in Mexico have outdated teaching structures. If we were to live in Mexico, we would not be able to afford for our children to go to private school on Mexican wages.

Financial Impact of Departure from the US
    In the US I have a stable job working as a Certified Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist at Barton Memorial Hospital. Here I am able to support my family with my income. If I were to relocate to Mexico, I would be unable to perform this job. In Mexico, a licensing is not required for my position, which means that anyone can do it with training and any employer would hire a Mexican Citizen over me to do it.

I also do not speak any Spanish, so it would be hard for me to be able to communicate with employers, co-workers, and clients.

Being that I am currently pregnant, I will only be able to work a few more months before I give birth. After I give birth I will have 6 weeks of Maternity Leave and then be expected back at work. I will be unable to work and properly care for our two children. My position calls for 10-hour shifts, usually between 5am-3:30pm or 10am-8:30pm. Based on my hours, I am unable to even find childcare for my daughter. Many daycares open at 7am and close at 5pm. To put two children through daycare will impact us dramatically financially and I will be unable to afford basic necessities for our children. The average rate in South Lake Tahoe for a full day of daycare is $35, for a child between the ages of 2-4. Children ages newborn-2 is $45 a day. For a month of daycare, it would cost $1600 for both children, and I earn $1800 a month. That would leave me $200 a month for bills, food, and anything the children may need such as clothes.

In Mexico we would have to rely solely on ****’s income with me being unable to work. **** works 6 days a week from 7am to 6pm. He makes around 200 pesos a day, or roughly $480 (U.S. Dollars) a month. The minimum wage in Mexico is 55.84 pesos a day. Housing in the area averages from $200-over $500 usd a month. If we were to live in a more rural area, the cost of rent would be lower, but we would have no way of commuting as we would not be able to afford a vehicle. The cost of groceries for a family of three is about $350 usd, just for food; not including personal hygiene products, or clothes. So already at minimum that is $ -150 usd, without including: gas, electricity, water, and phone.

Significant Conditions of Health
    It would be an extreme hardship to leave my family based on their medical conditions, especially without a way to get to them readily if an emergency arose; please refer to “Qualifying Relative’s Ties to US”.

In the past I have had to undergo two surgeries. One was to remove my gallbladder after a gallstone had caused a block to my liver, causing my liver to fail. Due to the gallbladder surgery, my stomach is sensitive to particular foods and causes me a lot of pain if I don’t follow a strict diet. The other was a twin Ectopic pregnancy where my husband and I lost two babies after my fallopian tube tore and caused significant hemorrhaging. The Ectopic pregnancy has left an emotional mark on my husband and myself.

I love my husband with all my heart, and I can’t wait for him to come home to me. He has shown me so much love and compassion, and I have become a better person because of him. I feel as though this situation is tearing us apart, though we remain strong for each other. I love the United States, and I need to be able to live my life with my husband. I and our daughter have been away from Martin for extremely long periods of time. This has caused an extreme strain, and I have been incredibly emotional and fearful without him here with me. There have been many nights that I cry for ****, and my daughter notices, her little hand caressing my face only brings on more tears as I think of how long I may be unable to see my husband. At work my co-workers have also taken notice of my situation. I would like my husband with me when I deliver our next child, he is my emotional support and there is no one like him. I made a promise to always love him and be there for him no matter what, and it hurts me being away from him. Having Martin with me gives me a feeling of security; I feel calm, happy and at-ease in his arms.

Our daughter is 3 years old, but when children are this young they form those amazing bonds with those whom are close in their lives. * needs her father in her life. Most of my life I was raised without a father, so I know first hand the emotional distress of not having that male figure in your life. A father relationship is essential for a child’s development. * has not had to be separated from her father for long periods of time before. Its hard to hear your baby girl ask for her daddy but he’s over 5,000 miles away. She asks for him constantly, and gets happy just seeing his picture; she asks to and gets to kiss his photo every night before bed. It would be best for * to have both of her parents with her in the United States where we are better able to provide for her and her future sibling. If * does not have her father she can develop emotional distress such as lowered self-esteem, lowered confidence, and acting out negatively.

I cannot live in Mexico without extreme suffering, my whole life and the life of our daughter will be impacted if **** were not allowed to return. I will suffer mentally, physically, and emotionally. I will not be able to give my daughter, or our baby, the care they need if I am not emotionally fit. Living in Mexico would put us in danger, put us away from the health care we need, and we would be separated from family. Having **** in the United States with his family is best, as it will insure what we need. In the United States we have everything we need; family, friends, financial ability, happiness, and wonderful health care. Having to choose between my husband and my home (the United States) will put me at a devastating predicament.

I respectfully request that you waive the 10-year ban on ****, so that we may continue our lives together in the United States.

I thank you sincerely for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 15 Hrs 35 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    18 Mins 33 Secs
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Now u say you used to live in Mexico previously!? use that as part of your hardship. U recently lived in mexico and due to the hardhsips u incurred while there you chose to bring your daughter back to the united states. Thats a good argument bc you've been there and done it. so put that in there.
    go into more detail about why your mother needs you here. Ya she has medical conditions, but what is it that you do and she cant do on her own?
    Do you have medical for your kiddos? They need yrly exams and when it a baby its 2mo, 4mo, 6mo, 9mo, 12mo, 15 ect. This gets spendy especially with vaccinations. Its important to have vaccinations.
    Go into more details about the education- you want ur daughter to have the best education. does she have a language barrier? if she was schooled there and later wanted to come to the USA what ios the likelyhood she had good enough education to get a GOOD job?
    Husband EWI may 2006
    Married July 2009
    March 2010- Sent in I-30
    October 2010 I-30- Approved
    August 2011 NVC case closed
    Nov 4 2011- denied visa- told to do i-601
    March 6 2012- Turned in I-601
    June 25 Expedite & waiver Approved
    July 26 Landed in the USA
    July 26 2013--- Filed for Divorce

Summa Cum Laude
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award Bronze
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,799 Times in 5,552 Posts
    Time Online
    4 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 23 Hrs 33 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Hr 57 Mins 11 Secs
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Everything is about you and your parents. The main point should be "WHY" you need your husband here. Your just stating your health issues and parents issues, but hey you are taking good care of them right? So in the adjucicator is reading that it seems like you have everything under control!

No where do I see " I need my husband here!"

i can see why you were referred.......

i need my husband here to take parents to clinic while i'm working
    I need my husband here to take care of our child when I give birth, and also for financial needs....

I'm just typing that as example's of course use it in better wording. No where above does it mention that you need him here. You won't be the only single mother raising a child and your not showing why you need him. You get me?
    We Were Not Defeated by: J Roma March 18 2010 Mexico City

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ALONSO For This Useful Post:

lsanchez124 (05-11-2012),TamHam (05-12-2012)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Mins 49 Secs
    My Mood
    Approved
    Quote Originally Posted by ALONSO View Post
    Everything is about you and your parents. The main point should be "WHY" you need your husband here. Your just stating your health issues and parents issues, but hey you are taking good care of them right? So in the adjucicator is reading that it seems like you have everything under control!

No where do I see " I need my husband here!"

i can see why you were referred.......

i need my husband here to take parents to clinic while i'm working
    I need my husband here to take care of our child when I give birth, and also for financial needs....

I'm just typing that as example's of course use it in better wording. No where above does it mention that you need him here. You won't be the only single mother raising a child and your not showing why you need him. You get me?
    My actual hardship letter had WHY i need my husband with me. I just wanted to get an idea with this letter because i just started writing it today and havent put all i can into it. I hadent mentioned needing my husband as much in it yet because the evidence they asked for from me wernt pertaining to why i needed him but why i couldnt relocate.

Valedictorian
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 719 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 4 Days 7 Hrs 43 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    15 Mins 20 Secs
    My Mood
    Bookworm
    I think you could keep much of it the same, just add the frame of your life: hey, I have to live here and take care of my parents, but it is an incredible hardship to be taking care of parents who are getting older and very young children who also have a lot of time consuming needs. My hardships would be greatly diminished if my husband were allowed to come back and live with us. He would have this job, making that money and we would ...the details are yours.
    We seek solace and comfort with family and caring friends. We will never give in. We will never give up.
    What we want is to live, united, as a family.

Without family, the world is a cold, dark place.

6B family

My husband has been gone since November, 2009. Click to see our timeline.

Thread Information